Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia cornerback arrested on charges involving weapon, reckless conduct

13»

Comments

• JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

The charge is for a “weapon” in a school zone, not a “firearm.” The definition of “weapon” includes a device that can discharge a missile or a projectile, which would include a BB gun. Technically, the charge might apply, but I believe it will be reduced.

• MccookMccook Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

He could have assaulted a female and run her over with a car and get out of jail with 1000.00 bond. And set free. Judge must be a Bama fan applying a 7000.00

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You were probably 10 years old when you plinked each other with your daisy red riders, not 20. What’s a 20 year old doing with 2 BB guns on a college campus anyway? Is that even fun at 20? I don’t remember ANYONE in Athens that had a BB gun in my 4 years there. And I met thousands of other students. Very childlike.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All I can do is thank God I didn't have to grow up in the silly superficial snowflake world we appear to be trapped in. At some point common sense will be back.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wait a sec, what degree, or maybe type, of childishness do you approve on a fancy college campus? Are BB guns too simple a form of childishness? What forms of childish, irresponsible, immature behaviors would you prefer from 18-year-old kids who have never been away from home before?

It's probably a good thing you never spent any time in (pick a random) Infantry barracks on a (pick a random) Friday night. Not sure that my grandmothers' knitting circle would have been safe enough, either, come to think of it.