Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia cornerback arrested on charges involving weapon, reckless conduct

Comments

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you kidding me? Idiot.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could we charge the cops and the lawmakers with stüpidity?

A BB gun felony?

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Remember a couple of years ago when 2 Bama players were caught in a car with pot and a stolen (real) gun? All charges dismissed. Judge didn't want to disrupt an otherwise potentially bright future. Hopefully this young man learned a valuable lesson and will be back properly educated next year. His disciplinary action will be dictated by the UGA code of conduct infraction guidelines.

• sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

Must be a slow day for the Athens popo having to go after dangerous BB gun bandits. I see over-charges reduced and a waste-of-time diversion program given out for this dumb-but-not-dangerous mistake. BTW, I knew someone who got arrested by the Athens PD for 'making terroristic threats' for throwing a snowball (Snowjam '82). charges eventually dropped by the judge.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To all you folks saying cut him and bs like he's a bad kid ****

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This time of year, all I can hear in my head is someone saying in a mocking voice, “you’ll shoot your eye out, you’ll shoot your eye out”. Fine the kid for the window, suspend him for a game and move on. If this was Nelly Green from the vet school, the student wouldn’t even have been charged.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This guy is still a teenager, I believe. The good of the team has not yet registered with him. I hope he gets a good scare and grows up. However, a felony for a BB gun is a bit much...though one kid in our HS's eye was put out from a BB gun shot. Hopefully, this will all work out.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What would Saban do? Sounds like Barney Fife to me. Just Wow....

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A felony for having a BB gun? Someone will say, it's the law. It's still ridiculous!

Keep illegal guns off college campuses. Absolutely! Laws that treat a BB gun, like it's a real gun are asinine!

• DawgmanDawgman Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited November 2021

This is a bunch of horse hockey.......

A BB gun is not a firearm.

As someone said below, Barney freaking Fife must have been working last night.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

For the love of all that is holy . . . a bb gun? Felony charges for a f'n bb gun? What has happened to the state of Georgia that a young man can't goof around with his friends and some bb guns? We used the "1 pump rule" and shot each other on purpose with bb guns when I was a kid in Georgia.

Utter insanity. And, for all of you lily-livered sh*ts saying this kid is toxic and reckless and whatever else, you might want to think about switching to cheering for some other team in some other sport. Perhaps, curling is more your speed. Or, knitting. No, not knitting. My grandmothers used to laugh when we came home with welts from bb gun shots . . . and they were excellent knitters.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This sounds like the campus poh-leese came to the rescue when some sensitive student reported a dry fire bb gun event. Who reported it? Were the 2 just playing around? Firearms are legal on all Georgia campuses. But, a question comes to mind ... when has a BB gun in Georgia ever been classified as a "firearm"? Would that be never? Hey boys, get yourselves a very good lawyer and make this go away.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

wow! the more I hear about this case, the bigger waste of resources it becomes. Football player or not, this is over policing and is exactly the kind of over reach that gives the Univ and county a bad name.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guys, two FELONY charges and a $7,000 bond. This is serious whether you want to believe it or not. Totally unnecessary behavior and just plain dumb. One of these kind of high powered BB guns with the power they possess CAN potentially kill someone and certainly can seriously injure a person.

Hopefully the charges will be reduced or dropped altogether if the facts come out differently after the investigation.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also, what part of the BB gun utilizes combustion to hence be called a “fire”arm??

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

How do you fire a BB gun???