Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hamilton, Perry, Booth would be a solid start to the DB class of ‘19

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Yesssir

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Though I have a feeling Andrew could take his time and visits & commit closer to December

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Though I have a feeling Andrew could take his time and visits & commit closer to December

According to Jeff he is tracking it being prior to Sr. Season or before the end of the football season. I think that is in order to leave the option to enroll early.

I think if we get him for G-Day then that is a huge momentum swing. If not I think Booth will be tough to get from Bama or Clemson.

• Options

I also have a feeling that if we get Hamilton, then I think some of the players will start to feel the pressure a little to commit sooner than later. At what point do we slow play some folks for our MUST get or DESIRED guys vs guys who we would take as Tier 2 options.

What happens if DJ Turner/Burrell and say Newsome want to commit now. Do we take and then leave one more spot for Booth? Or do we wait out Booth and hope we can keep any second option CB in the class. I guess the good thing is Booth's scheme versatility even though I see him as a CB all day at UGA.

Same question when it comes to ILB. We know Pappoe is a take all day long. But what if Marshall wants to commit but CKS feels strong about the changes with 5* out of Miss. Nakobe Dean??

Great problem to have just curios on some guys thoughts as to priority?

• Options

@Jinx55 said:
    I also have a feeling that if we get Hamilton, then I think some of the players will start to feel the pressure a little to commit sooner than later. At what point do we slow play some folks for our MUST get or DESIRED guys vs guys who we would take as Tier 2 options.

What happens if DJ Turner/Burrell and say Newsome want to commit now. Do we take and then leave one more spot for Booth? Or do we wait out Booth and hope we can keep any second option CB in the class. I guess the good thing is Booth's scheme versatility even though I see him as a CB all day at UGA.

Same question when it comes to ILB. We know Pappoe is a take all day long. But what if Marshall wants to commit but CKS feels strong about the changes with 5* out of Miss. Nakobe Dean??

Great problem to have just curios on some guys thoughts as to priority?

IMHO Burrell is a take all day long. Pretty sure he could commit right now. That kid is a lockdown cornerback. I'm unsure about DJ TURNER II but he is also going to take his time with his decision. Wise choice because he has like 35 offers.

• Options

@Jinx55 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

According to Jeff he is tracking it being prior to Sr. Season or before the end of the football season. I think that is in order to leave the option to enroll early.

I think if we get him for G-Day then that is a huge momentum swing. If not I think Booth will be tough to get from Bama or Clemson.

I read that piece. It was great insight. I took from it that Booth will try to make a decision before the season but it's very possible he could wait it out until the first signing period - after he's taken all of his visits. Andrew has A LOT of coaches in his ear - and just like Egboigbe, he could push things back.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We are trending with Burrell on 247, and looks like hilinski is serious about uga

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/one-of-the-hottest-recruits-in-america-is-closing-in-on-a-decision

For all of y'all convinced were getting Hinton... he's still recruiting for Michigan

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:
    https://notredame.rivals.com/news/one-of-the-hottest-recruits-in-america-is-closing-in-on-a-decision

For all of y'all convinced were getting Hinton... he's still recruiting for Michigan

I don't hear no fat lady singing yet....

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@judasdurant said:

I don't hear no fat lady singing yet....

Brenton Cox was for O$U til the last min too.

• Options

Couple of CBs in for Burrell.

Perry, Hamilton, Booth and Burrell. Nice haul as I think the first three are commitments taken (from spots I’ve read) on the spot.

If room add one more to the no fly zone ?

• Options

Hopefully Nolan Smith saying, "We needdddd DDDDBBBBSSSS" helps us with that issue. I can see Kirby really turning up the heat.

I think the development of Webb and the maturation and contribution of Campbell could really help recruiting wise. Interestingly a lot of guys are committing prior to Sr. year I think. Or early during the season

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Trezman will pull the trigger today while on campus.

• Options

FSF was taking about that as well @jay_kubzz , would be a big commit if it happen

This discussion has been closed.