Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    ShulaShula Posts: 342 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2018

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Hmmmmm.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@dawgbybirth said:
    Trey Scott stuck in the friend zone in DL recruiting, every DL target opinion reads similiarly. Great guy or nice guy, talks to me a lot, wants me bad to visit, I have known him for awhile or he was first to offer , and.. bla bla bla..Sure you have other phrases that seem to be said by recruits over and over .

Trey Scott genuine by everyones accounts , but I confident at the way he appears to coach, and in the end I more hopeful then confident he will get enough decent quality players this year to fill the postion needs, and exceed in 2020 with a more talent Georgia class which he still needs to be the man getting the final signature for this extremely competitive recruiting position.

We need Alpha DL recruiting to go against Alpha OL recruiting of Sam Pittman. Iron on Iron.
    Yessiirrr.

Great comment. As I am getting more & more into this side of what the college football team is, as recruiting is vital to the growth of ANY PROGRAM ANYWHERE. The fact remains that each year is different, & each “crop” of new talented kids is plentiful in certain position groups one year, & lean in others. No two years are the same, & over time, each program has to find kids to fit their teams needs as the talent shows up. I am a firm believer that this ultra talented HC CKS, & OC CJC, & DC CMT, & all the rest of the assistants that UGA now has??? For the first time in years, & years, & YEARS (I’m now 55) GEORGIA is in the BEST shape that it has ever been in during my entire lifetime. REALLY. I FIRMLY believe that these individuals are absolutely among the very best in their chosen profession at what they do, & as long as Georgia is fortunate enough to have these folks employed at Georgia? We all win. This is a key focus this year, as it has been well documented that DL “alphas” is THE CURRENT NEED for the program this year. The real “keys” are outstanding scouting (identifying THE talent) , & then player development (coaching the kids up)... Georgia has ALL of the elements IN PLACE to build a championship caliber team. The HUGE fan base, the financial support from every single aspect of the administration of the university, & the greatest assembly of talented players that the program has ever had in it’s history? It’s all there. The final element to all of this? The WORK. Now comes the work that must be done to complete everything else that’s been put into place. The price must be paid. I believe that the final price (the work that IS SO VERY necessary) will be paid too. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with @dawgbybirth that it would be great to have a DL coach that was recruiting on Sam Pittman’s level. One big difference with Pittman is that he has a history of putting players in the NFL and is acclaimed as being one of the top OL coaches in college football, while Scott is much younger and unproven. Doesn’t help that our in-state crop of defensive linemen are weak this year, and that we basically passed on two of the highest rated ones (Humphries and Cheney). We need to make sure we have a better option than Scott before we decide to replace him. His recruiting may have been lacking, but he does a solid job teaching technique.

• Options
    superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

Trey Scott is a good young coach and we are lucky to have him. Talented DL prospects will want to play for a program like UGA. Just because a guy is committed or leaning somewhere else, doesn't mean they are off the board. Coach Scott and Georgia are being very selective of who they take commitments from. Furthermore, if a prospect has an offer, it doesn't mean UGA will take their commitments. Mr. Sentell hinted that this was the case with several of the "DL misses" of recent.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2020 Jayson Jones next to commit to the G on July 2nd or at least someone to watch. It’s us or the tide

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    2020 Jayson Jones next to commit to the G on July 2nd or at least someone to watch. It’s us or the tide

i believe he’s a bammer

• Options
    Atlanta_DawgAtlanta_Dawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

in a interview he said hes going to take visits as a commit and he is "gonna make alot of people mad" for some reason i am cautiously optimistic

• Options
    ShulaShula Posts: 342 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Atlanta_Dawg said:
    in a interview he said hes going to take visits as a commit and he is "gonna make alot of people mad" for some reason i am cautiously optimistic

Lol he’s already made his commit video to bama, he’s just trying to make his decision dramatic.

• Options
    DawgFuture12DawgFuture12 Posts: 125 ✭✭ Sophomore

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

It’s not Jayson Jones BUT it’s surprising, not sure when he’ll go public but probably in the next week..

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

It’s not Jayson Jones BUT it’s surprising, not sure when he’ll go public but probably in the next week..

"Vincent, are we happy?" Expected response:

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

Very pleased and surprised?

• Options

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

Other than J Jones and J Burroughs ?

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

If Burroughs comes we get a AU flip, check @JeffSentell report on him.

• Options

@BrooklynDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

It help with the potential flip but it’s not a guarantee. @JeffSentell mentioned that on the Burroughs thread

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

It help with the potential flip but it’s not a guarantee. @JeffSentell mentioned that on the Burroughs thread

True, I should've said a potential flip. I shorthanded that one.

• Options

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

It’s not Jayson Jones, don’t worry who I’m talking about is highly rated.

• Options

@DawgFuture12 said:

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

Too many people here are itching for good DT news to say don't worry about it. Maybe you are protecting the kid or your source and that's fine. Probably should've held on to this one though or disclaimed you can't get into details. Can't drop blood in the ocean and expect sharks not to circle lol.

• Options

@BrooklynDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

@brentwilson said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@DawgFuture12 said:

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Position ?

2020 DT

Too many people here are itching for good DT news to say don't worry about it. Maybe you are protecting the kid or your source and that's fine. Probably should've held on to this one though or disclaimed you can't get into details. Can't drop blood in the ocean and expect sharks not to circle lol.

Yea but didn’t anybody honestly think Jones would commit to UGA, I sure didn’t so it’s not a huge loss to me.
    Probably should have held off but seems like people where also itching for a commitment, so I figured I’d get everyone In a better mood. I absolutely have to protect the kids commitment, can’t steal a kids moment.

This discussion has been closed.