Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Father of Stetson Bennett shares what might be next for Georgia’s national championship QB

Comments

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Stetson returns he will be a distraction.

• Options
    DawgInTallyDawgInTally Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

You mean like John Elway? I remember him walking away on top. I guess he never played or loved the game either. Idiot. Ridiculous comment.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, the current line on 2022 Heisman odds are as follows: (1) Bryce Young, (2) CJ Stroud, and (3) JT Daniels. Yep.

• Options
    agent88agent88 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Stetson Bennett would be wise to leave on a high note. He had the luxury of being on a team with an historically great defense. A defense that kept the game close when the offense looked like garbage for 3 quarters. Just think about it... A good defense (not historic great) would have probably allowed 3 touchdowns in the first half instead of 3 field goals. That would have changed the game tremendously.

The team just did not ask much of Stetson. Many of his passes were underthrown. Even on the drive where he was 4/4 in the 4th quarter, the pass to Williams was underthrown. The receiver made an incredible play over the defender. Overall, Stetson won the job because he didn't turn over the ball much. He was the definition of game manager. I personally believe that next year's team will need more out of the quarterback. Much of the defense will be gone to the NFL. While I think the defense will still be good, they won't be at the historic level of greatness that they were this year. I'm ready for him to leave.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Little Mike you need to mind your manners before your parents restrict your keyboard privileges. Your reading comprehension and understanding of football will improve as you mature. AL was playing 2 true freshmen CB's and a true freshman WR for most/all of the 2nd half. One CB was in position to make a play on the 40 yard TD. He didn't. The WR dropped a perfect pass inside the UGA 5 yard line. Had those 3 young AL players been able to make even a couple plays the game could've had a different outcome. Those players got very few game reps throughout the year. Obviously they weren't as ready for prime time as the more battle tested UGA players. Not a "BAMA troll" at all. I just look at things objectively from a coach's perspective instead of as a delusional "fan".

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In a could of should of world BAMA perhaps get;s the win, we just don't live in that world. But it's fun to do if you're the losing team. Seems like BAMA won a NC against Texas? When Colt McCoy went down and they had to play a FR QB without any experience. Ask BAMA if they want to give that one back?

• Options

Clearly your reading comprehension is lacking so let me explain to you as the moron that you are. I referenced Elway - who went out on top - to counter your ridiculous post about "love of the game." You claim to know so much. Why did you quit playing. Let me guess, simply not good enough Tiny Mike?

• Options

And Stet has payed 5 in college and has a chance to have the last game he is remembered for as winning a National Championship. Something even a dullard like you can understand. Or, maybe not. You are kind of dull.

• Options

No your "son" little boy. And he had years left on his contract. Know what you are talking about,