Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Second look: Does Georgia have the easiest home schedule in college football?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this another ‘rebuild year’ for Bama? Afterall, they raided a number of other schools for starting skill position players… 😉

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said this time last year that 2021 was our year to win the NAtty. Some(even writers said) there is no clock on us winning it all. And of course technically that wasn't. BUt my argument was If not this season then when? Now I firmly believed JT was going to be our starter(who didn't at that point) and I was a JT fan boy. So, my argument was that in 2022 JT would be gone and I certainly didn't see SB being back as the starter, so I believe we would have a "rookie" QB this year. Winning the Natty with CB, or BV seemed impossible, plus BAMA had just lost a record haul to the NFL. So, I believed they would have to reload and that they were vulnerable. This was our year to strike while the iron is hot.

I was right to some extent, BAMA was vulnerable. THey lost to A&M and almost lost another game or two.

BUt who saw the emergence of Williams (a transfer) blowing up like he did? Or that Young would be as good as he was?

All that to say that BAMA's reloading and coming within an eyelash of beating us in the NC game gives me great hope that the same can happen with us, even despite the losses to the Draft. By the end of the year we ought to be rolling.

The young studs on defense will have matured and know where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to be doing. The offense barring injury is going to be an all-time best(I believe). THey have the talent. GO Dawgs!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When you say that Vandy intends to show up for this one, you mean that they plan to be physically present on campus, not that they have intentions of being legitimately competitive, right? That’s what the follow-up commentary suggests, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some Vandy chatter I was missing 🤣