Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Kent State instant observations as Bulldogs play with their food in sloppy effort

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As we saw today, winnng is a team thing but all it takes to possibly lose is one counted on player having a bad day. Turnovers are the great equalizer and really about the only way a less than superior team can make a game out of it with a much more superior team. Take away the turnovers and make a catch or two you should have made and it's a completely different game. A laugher. That's what we saw today. One guy, a very good guy, was off a little., and that sparked the other team.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Give it to anyone other than Milton, dude goes down by a gust of wind…he almost didn’t get the TD. He is made for I formation, not shotgun! Need to play Robinson more at RB

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Johnson at the LB spot is a beast. That guy seems to be in on every play and is a huge problem for other teams. Only his second year and I don’t believe he even had a senior year of HS ball due to COVID.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SOARDAWG

You just know talking heads and a ton of ignorant people will cue the "Georgia's overrated" hype after this game, instead of Kent State actually having a pretty good team

Washington 45 Kent State 20.

Oklahoma 33 Kent State 3

And in 2021 Kent State was 7-7. So where is this evidence of Kent State actually having a pretty good team?

Look, I don't think that a cupcake at 12:00 PM sandwiched between two conference games means much. Said so earlier. Just don't push narratives that you would rightly call out as bunk if it were Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State or Florida pushing them.

• Options
    Cali_DawgCali_Dawg Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

I want to give credit to Kent state coach for has his team ready and not intimidated between the hedges. Kent state was a starting point for Saban so that Coach is going to be one to watch in the future. He did bring some very different schemes they felt gimmicky but since it was an exotic look it gave them enough room to get some offense going. Those boys played hard but still the dogs and their deep TE won out. The Mad Ladd had us all mad with that muffed punt however it’s one of those lost in the sun. He’s been amazing and is only a sophomore let’s not be too upset with him. Rosemary st Jackson was frustrating to watch. Stetson had catchable passes but it seemed a ton of drops everywhere today. We will come out with some fire 🔥 after such a sloppy day. We turned sc into a cupcake 🧁. Kent state could probably go toe to toe with the bottom half of the sec. The east is looking tough this year! Tennessee game is going to be a rowdy game, UF is always a dog fight and Kentucky will be looking for a way to do an upset. This game exposed flaws best believe our fellow sec teams watch this tape a lot.

• Options
    Cali_DawgCali_Dawg Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

Also not having the big body of 99 Jordan Davis seems very evident when they where able to be more physical than us

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

I know it's decided in advance. Maybe you've seen it explained many times why there is a contractual agreement to make viewers jump through extra hoops just to watch a game through a platform that they're apparently already paying for anyway, but I haven't.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That only happens when you have dominating talent like UGA did on defense in 2021, Alabama on offense in 2020 and LSU on offense in 2019. (I guess Clemson on offense in 2018.) Otherwise? Nah. The 2017 national title game was between 2 teams that lost by double digits to 4 loss Auburn. Clemson in 2016 needed a VERY questionable call against NC State to even make the playoff at all. Ohio State in 2014 lost by 2 TDs to Virginia Tech and only made the playoff because the gutless Big 12 refused to pick a champion between TCU and Baylor.

Look, we knew because of all the losses on defense and the lack of big play guys at WR and not even having D'Andre Swift - let alone a Chubb or Michel - that UGA was going to have to work harder this season. This just happened to be UGA's first game that wasn't against an FCS team (Samford) or a team starting a QB who entered the transfer portal due to throwing picks (Bo Nix, Spencer Rattler).

Got 2 more laughers the next 3 weeks against Missouri and Auburn programs that will fire their coaches in a month, and then against a Vanderbilt program who might be just as good as those 2 are followed by a bye. But after that will be a 4 game stretch of teams that have the potential to challenge UGA if the pass rush, running game and WR issues continue.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So far, the cbs and fox talking heads haven't made too much of this game, other than to say KS "hung in" and the Dawgs gave up some points. Be interesting to see if the narrative changes with some marinating.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

Agree, and this was one of the biggest observations of this ug-ly day that I think is consistent with data from previous games. As much as I’ve loved KM-squared, I think we’ve seen enough to suggest it really needs to the McIntosh/Edwards show as 1-2 going forward.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow. A Dom Blaylock sighting.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oline has been far from perfect, but our running back (especially Milton) have not been trusting the play or holes and turn it back too often. I have been a fan of the way Edwards has been running. I can only think he is not valued as much as a blocker as the reason he is not getting more prime reps over Milton.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Being one of those too cheap to pay ESPN+ $10 to watch this game, I turned back the clock to listen to the radio. Scott Howard should have learned about announcing when he was paired with the great Munson. He DID not. Virtually every play involved a prolonged delay in learning what advance or lack there of had occurred while Howard pratted on about some esoteric nonsense. Any RADIO announcer should assume the listener does not have access to actual viewing of the event. Scott sadly has failed miserably in understanding that priority, making for a listening experience as painful as some aspects of the game itself.