Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Georgia Tech live updates, scores, injury news, analysis for Week 13 game

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just My Take on Stets, my humble opinion. LIKE the Dawgs in general Stets gets UP for teams that are labeled as a threat coming in, and plays flat for teams that are deemed not so much of a threat. The Dawgs and Stets are mirror reflections of each other. There are times that Stets can and does make All the throws. Other times he can’t seem to hit the broad side of a barn as the Ole saying goes. The Dawgs seem to have to get peed off in order to get Up for teams deemed as inferior coming in. No it Shouldn’t be that way but it is what it is.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Folks, we're playing like Tech is as good of a team as we are. We are playing very conservative and tentative. We've seen this happen time and again this season. We're crap in the Red Zone.

Gotta get aggressive in the 2nd half, or we're going to let the Bees hang around.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BTW, I've heard a number of former QB's bragging about his accuracy and improved arm strength, this year. Including the likes of, Tebow, Herbstreit, Jordan Rogers, Todd Blackledge, etc..

What makes you the lone deserter in that observation? What do you see, that the rest of us don't? Convince me.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options

🤣🤣🤣

UGA drop in the polls? Who's gonna take their place? Michigan?? OSU??

OSU was losing, last time I looked. Lol

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61...yes, sometimes that is true, but I'm taking that into account which leads me to Stet throwing balls that shouldn't have been thrown at all. He does that too often. We have speedster Arian Smith that were not even targeting. He can easily get separation.

We can debate this ad nauseum, but all I can say is I'm more than ready for Stet to move on.

• Options

GT is about to be like Admiral Yamamoto after Pearl Harbor: “I fear we have only awakened a sleeping giant”. Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that even if there actually is a concealment strategy like what you have described (you may be right about that), it doesn’t explain the poor execution of the plays that are being called. I think a more effective strategy would have been to put this thing away early and get the starters out of there.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m in agreement. The inaccuracy is a concern but the biggest issue is the poor judgment with many of his throws. He has been in this offense too long to make those continuing mistakes.

• Options

That's a result of "play calling"...not "play execution". IMO

Run...run...pass. Pass...run...run. Run, Pass, Run...and on and on. Vanilla. Stetson isn't calling those plays and it's obvious they told him to stay in the pocket or throw it away.

They don't want any unnecessary injuries before going into the SECCG/CFP. I think they had a few last year in the SECCG, that weren't reported. You know the result of that game against an overmatched BAMA.

• Options

I dearly Hate to give GT credit for Anything. But they DID come to play. And I Knew and said so Before the game that we’d get their best game of the season.

• Options

Hate to blame refs but please call it both ways. For crying out loud, Tech isn’t a pristine team so let’s see some yellow on them. The first half was a joke with some of these calls and it seems to be carrying over to this half.

• Options
    edited November 2022

Not sure who is worse, the refs or these jack wagon announcers. That is a catch and a great pass by Stetson

• Options

If he doesn't try to hit the 50/50's he might as well throw it away or run it...which would be 80% of the time.

How do you like that pass to the End Zone? Accurate enough for you guys? Or do think Bennett should catch it for em, too. Lol

• Options

There you go Again !! Zebs ARE pulling for GT !!

• Options

Need the D to drop the hammer this half.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FYI......OSU 20 Mich.....17 halftime.

• Options

there is such a thing as a check down and he would benefit tremendously employing that much more often.