Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

College Football Playoff drama building: Stubborn Rose Bowl, Tennessee fans on fire

2»

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

And they also lost to an average South Carolina team by several possessions, that negates a lucky 3 point win over Alabama in any "criteria". UT is also an average SEC team without Hooker. They were well below average vs SC with Hooker playing the majority of the game. Let the orange wearing CLOWNS whine, and cry, they deserve THAT. Maybe you should grab a crying towel and join them.No sense crying over spilled milk, they did it to themselves with poor play against an inferior team. They'll get no sympathy, or support from me, especially since they are an ignorant, classless fan base. Let em cry, shows their true football IQ.. NO team has ever made the CFP with 2 losses. So being 6th or 7th in the CFP is a moot point, you ARE NOT making the CFP with 2 losses without winning a Conference Title.. plain and simple. With a CFP expansion on the horizon, I wouldn't be suprised to see a 3 loss team make it in when that happens. But, until then, you won't see a 2 loss team in the CFP.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg...Yes, I do agree with you. Bring on whatever team....as I say....Anytime, Anywhere. Kirby is recruiting to get the depth needed to compete in a tougher SEC (add TX & OK to the mix and a 9th SEC game) and a longer & harder playoff scenario. That's the only successful way forward.

I just cringe looking at next season's patsy non-conference schedule after Oklahoma had to drop out. That's going to do nothing but hurt us if we're in the playoff discussion at the end of next season.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You have him pegged to the wall !! Agree Totally !!! The Trolls are hating our Dawgs so much !! Love yours and our fellow Dawgs fans comments on this !! TWO back to back Undefeated seasons and Plenty of Potential to win Another National Title !!! It’s making them SICK Lol !!! All through the regular season him and a couple others would come on here and hope and pray our Dawgs would lose and in spite of Yes some slow and sloppy play at times to their Utter Misery they’d see Another W go up !! I’m gonna Believe and Believe and Believe until I SEE our Dawgs lose !! I’d really hate to see that and Yes I’d be very disappointed. But EVEN if they do lose I’m Still extremely Proud of these Dawgs !! The vast majority of “experts” said this was a Rebuilding year for the Dawgs. But Kirby Smart didn’t Say it but he was sure Thinking it Nah just a Reloading Year !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Heard rumor. And that’s all it is that Brooks et al are trying to swap a non conference game to strengthen next years schedule. Either way. We’ll play them as they come. And if we have a chance to play in another SECC. Then the strength of schedule just may not be an issue.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope we don't have to play Ohio State in the first round. They scare me more than any other team out there at the moment, because they'll be on a mission should they back their way in to the playoffs.

• Options

Curious. Were you also very afraid for UGA to play Tenn prior to the actual game?? It’s fine to have a mutual respect for another team but these young men will take care of business. And if for some reason end up on the other side. NOBODY can take away 12-0

• Options

Follow up on your Bowl remarks. Many of us remember when the Peach Bowl was a secondary bowl game- heck maybe even bottom tier. Throw some Chic-fil-a money and Boom- a New Years 6 bowl. And what is a Mayo bowl. 😳. Fully agree that if .500 ball is the benchmark. Then make sure you place competing schools together. Why is a 9-3 team playing a 6-6 squad.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

I'm one of those, who remember the Peach bowl being played anually between 2 teams not good enough to make a better bowl game. Back then, you didn't have 30+ bowls games like today. You actually had to have a good team to make it to 1 of the handful of bowl games back then. With the Rose, Sugar, Cotton, and Sugar bowls as the "elite" bowls for the best teams. Others were sent to the Tangerine, Peach, or other lower tier bowls. Sidenote: and back then , unlike today, stats after the regular season didn't count towards season totals.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't agree with everything thadec says, but:

• * USC would be a tougher opponent than TCU. Williams and his receivers together are dangerous in a way that Duggan and company could never be. There's also just a lot more talent and a more experience coach at USC. I also think we'd beat either of those teams.
    • * Tennessee ought to be ranked ahead of Alabama. Alabama's losses were close but so were a bunch of its wins; Tennessee lost against the best team in the country, and a South Carolina team with a QB who suddenly was on fire and that beat Clemson a week later. And two of the Vols' wins were better than any of Bama's wins. Also, it makes no sense to penalize Tennessee for Hooker being out: the Vols offense, with their second-string quarterback, looked plenty fine against Vandy; it's not like he's been out half the season and they lost a bunch of games because of it. If Bryce Young were injured and Bama turned around and clobbered Auburn, you can bet nobody would penalize Alabama, because, well, they're Alabama.

But I don't get how anyone could still be against a 12-team playoff format -- especially with so many players nowadyas sitting out of meaningless NY's Six bowls that the teams aren't even the same teams.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dawgs will be fine! To be the man you have to beat the man! Go Dawgs!!!!