Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Vols lose starting QB , he quit !

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hilarious! I found myself literally laughing out loud.

• Options

@thehutch40 said:
    This whole situation just cracks me up. What is level of chaos above dumpster fire?

That would be "largest boat in the world sinking in icy cold water with insufficient life craft "

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@thehutch40 said:
    This whole situation just cracks me up. What is level of chaos above dumpster fire?

That would be "largest boat in the world sinking in icy cold water with insufficient life craft "

You've got to give Dormady credit. He alleged is walking away. The guy sees the dumpster fire/sinking ship that is the Vols football program and is getting out of there while he can.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What does this mean for their recruiting?

• Options

@oldon42 said:
    What does this mean for their recruiting?

I hope it means Adam Anderson just goes ahead and says 'Pass'.

• Options

@HotDawgsAndMustard said:

@mattmd2 said:

@Reeldawg said:
    I just don’t see a bright future for Butch at Tennessee.

If their AD can find a good coach, I think it’s exit stage left for Jones.

Have heard through multiple sources (message boards and people claiming to know insiders) that it's all about the money. Butch will go, but timing and replacement depend on budgets.

Doesn't sound like UT has the money or is willing to spend the money to go out and get a big time HC. They'd be chasing maybe a coordinator or another rising mid-level HC from lesser programs. Heard they don't want to spend more than they spent on Butch the first time. Keeping the purse strings tight might just buy Georgia another decade of victories.

Who's the coach at FAU? Apparently he hasn't been there very long but he's already turned that program around. They seem likely to win the C-USA. That seems like a prime candidate from a rising mid-level program. I think he also had good OC experience before being HC at FAU.
    Seems like he's just the kinda guy UT needs.

I think he's worked in that region before too.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HotDawgsAndMustard said:

@mattmd2 said:

@Reeldawg said:
    I just don’t see a bright future for Butch at Tennessee.

If their AD can find a good coach, I think it’s exit stage left for Jones.

Have heard through multiple sources (message boards and people claiming to know insiders) that it's all about the money. Butch will go, but timing and replacement depend on budgets.

Doesn't sound like UT has the money or is willing to spend the money to go out and get a big time HC. They'd be chasing maybe a coordinator or another rising mid-level HC from lesser programs. Heard they don't want to spend more than they spent on Butch the first time. Keeping the purse strings tight might just buy Georgia another decade of victories.

Who's the coach at FAU? Apparently he hasn't been there very long but he's already turned that program around. They seem likely to win the C-USA. That seems like a prime candidate from a rising mid-level program. I think he also had good OC experience before being HC at FAU.
    Seems like he's just the kinda guy UT needs.

Deja vu, haven't I seen/read this before? B)

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I hope the Vols win out (bama notwithstanding) just so they can justify keeping him around another year. The longer they keep from moving on from Butch (same goes for Mac at UF), the better off recruiting will be for us

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I absolutely do not think Butch is a good coach, but in all fairness to their program, I think it might very well take decades to recover from the Lane Kiffin debacle. But I have to add, I don’t think Butch has helped that situation in the slightest.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

@amjadawgs said:
    I absolutely do not think Butch is a good coach, but in all fairness to their program, I think it might very well take decades to recover from the Lane Kiffin debacle. But I have to add, I don’t think Butch has helped that situation in the slightest.

They are blaming it all on D. Dooley, Kiffin just added an " ! "

• Options

@Kasey said:
    I hope the Vols win out (bama notwithstanding) just so they can justify keeping him around another year. The longer they keep from moving on from Butch (same goes for Mac at UF), the better off recruiting will be for us

I feel like he needs another layer of bricks in the wall.

I think they are planning on making Pink Floyd's "Brick in the Wall" their title song moving forward... this should endear him to this generation.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thehutch40 said:

A tire fire next to a dumpster fire.....

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Five star bricks!

Automatic UV for the Bloodsport reference.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's dead man walking. UGA will cash in big time regardless of # mental reps.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

Tennessee in a nutshell ....bricks are dangerous