Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett released from Dallas detention facility

13»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"his comments on the stage were not bizarre."

Well then if you don't think they were then I guess they weren't. LOL!

Just pretend that loyal UGA fans and sports radio locals who are all UGA homers (not including the national media) of which many think his comments that day were. Not necessarily that he had a chip on his shoulder(everyone knew that) but that he chose that venue, that day, to sort of "get it off his chest."

Even today people all over the nation(I've alread viewed 3 podcasts, those are just the ones I've seen. I couldn't possibly estimate how many more are taking place) where folks are talking about SB , and not for the good things he's done but for the **** stuff he has done just recently. People questioning is there something going on with him and how will it affect his draft status and his NIL.

THe fact that it's all good with you doesn't change any of that. LOL! You can put your fingers in your ears and go NA-Na-NA-NA all you like. '

I think my comment is true that one more "hiccup" as you might refer to it, won't be good for him. Take that from someone who cares. ANd if he were my son, we'd be having a very serious talk about right now. I **** sure wouldn't be making excueses for him.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Thank you.

PS as for the venue he chose to take his shot at the media. I’d encourage you to go back and watch it. He hesitated and looked off at his team. Who seemingly gave him the “nod of approval” to let it rip on the media.

Perhaps I’m wrong. And perhaps it has more to do with Kirby manipulating them into believe the idea of “everyone thought they would go 5-7.” Idk

AND

If my son got arrested, yes I’d have a serious talk with him; but if my son was Stetson Bennett I’d at least bear in mind he just got done being used and abused by quite possibly the most insufferable and toxic fan base in all of CFB. I love Georgia football til the day I die; but I swear I equate most of our fans which are borderline unbearable in their scrutiny of the program/players to “my wife’s side of the family” ie. Really freaking difficult to associate with (metaphorically speaking of course…. My in laws actually rock).

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe we're both passionate about UGA football and both care about SB. You see it as a boys being boys. Sticking it to the man, just a guy knocking back a few, sowing some wild oats while you're young or a nothing to see here let's just move along. I hope you're right, for his sake. I don't want to be right about what I'm sensing. I see a very sucsessful(in football), but a troubled young man.

I feel like Pappadawg said below; "PLease don't be Johnny Football. "

Maybe this will just end up being a , blimp on the radar screen, as they say. I hope so.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you, to a point. I don't think all of this unqualified criticism is strictly coming from the "Dawg Fanbase". In fact, I've suggested, more than once, that it's probably a small fringe of Gator or Tide or Jacket Fans, that can't find any solace in their own teams.

Yeah, there's a few Dawg "followers" that are easily manipulated...and have jumped on board the "mostly negative rants" of the ignorant few, out of desire for approval and acceptance. After all, you wouldn't want to be viewed as "a Homer", would you? Lol

Paul Finebaum...not known to be a UGA Homer...put it best. __Not sure if the charges against him will stand up to the Law. The charges will more than likely be dropped. Unless he was a 1st rounder, this (a relatively minor infraction) will have little, if any effect on his draft rating. And, we all know, he wasn't projected to go in the 1st round.__

BTW...If I were Stetson's Dad..."The talk" would have start with a simple question..."What happened Son?". And, go from there.

Since none of the Swingin' Dingles on this or any other website, have a clue as to what happened, I can't understand the need to go negative, automatically, with no thought given to innocence. I'm starting to think, it's because he's "a white guy, from SE Ga., and deserves zero "benefit-of-the-doubt"...in their small minds. You can only fit so-much nuance into some of those tightly packed, narrow minds, dontcha know. Lol

So, my advice to you, me and the rest of Dawg Nation, would be...pick your battles. This one will soon blow up in their faces, as most of their conspiracy theories, have.

Hell, they licked Jermaine Burton's backside for months...after he transferred to BAMA. Then Burton clocks a girl up side the head, in Knoxville, after the UT vs BAMA...crickets. Not a word. Except, to come to his defense.

Are we looking at racial disparity in coverage of College athletes? Are we expecting more of white athletes, than athletes "of color"? I'm going to pay closer attention to that angle. The venom being spit in Bennett's direction, makes no sense, considering, what this poor white boy from SE Ga. has accomplished in the name of The Georgia Bulldogs.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

Knock knock knocking on heavens door.

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

As far as the talk of this incident hurting Bennett's draft status, pleeeease! The NFL is full of law breakers. If a team wanted him before this incident, they will want him afterward.

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior