Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

AJC can't stop chasing the ambulance...

Comments

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The police chief alerted the responding officers so they didn’t kick Gantt off the scene. Did Gantt or police chief do anything illegal by communicating together? Serious question I have no idea.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

I have a hard time imagining they'd kick off someone acting as emotional support for the players and crash victims. The chief told the dispatcher in contact with the officers that Gantt takes care of player relations and that the police on scene should tell him what's going on. Doesn't really sound like he's going there to comfort players but to interact with the police. Is it illegal? no idea? Is it unethical, yes.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gantt was also an investigator in Athens for 15 years before joining the football program.

I just don't get writing articles full of innuendo when one can write an article of their choosing when the facts are available.

• Options

I don’t see how him working as a legal assistant in a law firm before working for the team makes a difference here. I think it’s great for the team to have support systems in place to help players deal with the legal system if they need it. That support shouldn’t include non-lawyers directly dealing with the police during an arrest or during an investigation. How does him talking with police right after the crash help the players? This is a representative of the football program directly inserting himself into a police investigation of a fatal car crash involving players and staff. It’s not appropriate

• Options
    DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So basically you have no idea either. You’re just assuming he’s up to no good when there’s zero evidence. Keep up the good work Sherlock. Why didn’t his relationship with the police stop Ra Ra from being arrested? Surely if he was that close to him nothing would’ve happened. Your take is just dumb. Maybe he is just really the player liaison and communicates with players families on tough issues should they come up. But one things certain…YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you are talking about. You are just an assuming blowhard

• Options

You definitely didn’t read anything I posted to say something this incoherent. No assumptions were made and I said repeatedly this isn’t proof he did anything to alter the investigation. The AJC isn’t even saying he did either. The entire problem is that we have no idea what he was doing there but his actions we do know about are inappropriate. A football staffer should not be in contact with the police chief and responding officers during the initial investigation of a fatal car crash that could have negative consequences for the university. It is an appearance of impropriety that calls what we know into question. It’s an unfortunate situation that Gantt has created

• Options
    edited February 2023

and what exactly do you think he was telling the police chief. Make the wreck go away…sounds like to me he knew it was horrific. He was going to the scene to be there for his guys and wanted to the police on the scene to know. But yeah keep making shi7 up and pushing some unethical bs narrative like you do

• Options
    edited February 2023

What have I made up? I’m saying the facts we know are bad. Why would the police need to know he was going there to support anyone? It’s unethical for a paid representative of the football program to insert themselves into the initial investigation of a fatal car crash involving university employees, players, and property. Is that seriously hard to comprehend?

• Options

Why wouldn’t they need to know? The scene is chaotic and they aren’t going to just let anyone thru. You just want to see that someone is doing something unethical So that’s what you see. Unless proven otherwise he was coming to help his players and wanted to be sure he could have access. Now the spin doctors are out spinning total BS. Do you seriously think He was going to be able to hide or change the fact that a fatal wreck happened. He was there for his guys and that’s all. Knowing the police chief and calling him is not wrong or unethical. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

• Options

Why would an advocate of UGA have a right to interact with police investigating a crash he wasn't part of?

• Options

You are a deeply unserious person. No one is saying he tried to hide that a fatal car crash happened. Why do you keep repeating this nonsense? Its because you know you have nothing else to fall back on. How come your position that he was just there to support the players is the default that must be disproven? The police chief told the responding officers to tell Gantt what was happening when he got there so we already know your BS spin is a lie anyways. He did not need to wake the police chief up in the middle of the night to ensure he had access to the responding officers if he just wanted to be there to support the players. This notion that people need super duper special permission directly from the police chief to comfort grieving people is beyond absurd.

• Options

You just proved my point. Thanks. Unless you can prove that he was actually trying to interfere or did interfere in the investigation you have nothing.

• Options

Son, you have no clue what is going on do you? I’m speaking directly to the facts of the matter. You are just making assumptions that make you feel good

• Options

You have no idea what he was doing. That’s the problem. We have a representative of UGA talking with responding officers performing an initial investigation of a fatal crash after getting guaranteed access to them from the chief of police. That by itself is not ethical. It is the appearance of impropriety

• Options

Why does he need to do that? Not a single one of you has explained WHY he has to do that. Why does he need access to the officers to tell him what’s happening? Seriously you all keep saying it’s fine that programs just have dudes with direct access to the chief of police and can get info directly from cops as the investigation is ongoing without explaining why that’s ok.

This discussion has been closed.