Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It’s official

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My son is officially an Arkansas Razorback. He has his first team meeting tonight. Had his physical and medical done on Friday. Very thorough processs. Measuring in at 6’ 5 1/2” and 239lbs. 

But he’s a ways away from being able to block Dallas Turner or Harold Perkins.

Arkansas isn’t elite. Would never claim that. But **** there is some good looking talent in the SEC. Watching those players walking around at breakfast this morning was incredible. 

Ran into Coach Pittman on Friday morning and I was wearing my Georgia cap. He just laughed and said they’ll take it out on my son. I just agreed that was a good plan. 

Getting gear and fitted for equipment at an SEC school is unbelievable. He is fitted for a helmet and then custom shoulder pads.

He then got to pick from 20 different types of Nike cleats. He has struggled with turf toe for about a year so they are custom making his right shoe.

Lives in a 4 bedroom/4 bath apartment with 3 teammates. Must be nice having your own room as a freshman.

He has a food card that allows him to eat at over 25 restaurants in Fayetteville for free. Along with the football dinning hall.

And they spend just under $1 million on snacks/drinks for the players. Just Incredible. 

Gonna miss having my sweet son at home… but he is ready and I’m so incredibly proud of him.

Go Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats.... definitely wish him well

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey @texdawg , was your boy close with that Arkansas recruit that died? Dion Stutts was his name. Tragic story :(

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very tragic story. Sounds like an awesome kid.

But my son didn’t know him.

He’s finishing his third week of school and football but never runs into any of the prospects or current recruits.

By I know the Dline Coach really well and he is taking this pretty hard

• Options
    Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, Arkansas has the Pitt Boss and now Tex’s boy!!! That’s two great reasons for me to pull for them when they aren’t playing the Dawgs. Go Hogs!!!

And of course Go Dawgs!!!