Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Nation’s No. 4 RB Nathaniel Frazier just committed to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,556 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Nation’s No. 4 RB Nathaniel Frazier just committed to Georgia football

Nathaniel Frazier did something moments ago that just truly made him a significant commitment to the University of Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nate gives a whole new meaning "breaking tackles" and "yards after contact".....with the "BIG UGLIES" we've got signed up on the O-Line, he'll hit the gaps and speeeeeeeeed away! Welcome to the DAWG NATION Nate and your journey becoming another DGD!

• Options
  • Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It really is. 10.5 is extremely fast. I think we had a guy win state in 4A with a 10.6 a year or 2 ago so that really is blazing.

What's even better is his acceleration out of his cuts. His speed actually translates very well to the field which is not something you always see. I think it is because he has a compact build at 5'10" 205 which is really ideal.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the DAWG Family Young man! Looking forward to see you in the backfield in the near future..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blocking? Check. Receiving? Check. Shiftiness and balance? Check and check. Speed? Double check.

The unanswered question: Can break tackles at the line? But that's only a question because he's so fast at finding those big holes the Mater Dei line is opening for him that defensive linemen never seem touch him!

Branson, Roderick, Paul, Frazier, Phillips, Bowens. I don't think we'll have to worry about RBs for a couple of years.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Kirby Smart to UGA recruiting staff...>>["Men...I don't care what ranking number they are...Bring me athletic, stable, coachable kids that fit our Program...We'll develop the ones that weren't developed at the High School level."].

Maybe, he said that...Lol. But, that's his philosophy, as displayed, IMO. And, it works like a charm. Sounds like the Navy SEALS motto...or something. It's really, all about character.

• Options
    edited August 2023

After doing a "little" digging...the word on this guy and his physical attributes...remind me an awful lot of the talk around Herschel Walker, when he was in HS. Long before there were recruiting services, internet and ESPN to compare him to other RB's on the "menu".

The word on Herschel escaped "Wrightsville" in other ways...."coaches, reporters, track meets, former competitors, etc."....but, everybody that saw him play in "small-ass Writesville" knew what UGA was getting long before the Tennesse game and the Bill Bates demolition. Lol

• Options
    edited August 2023

I think he just loved FSU as much as I loved UGA, when I was a kid. I can't hold that against him. I think he did the right thing, personally. It wouldn't have done him...or UGA...any good to play in Athens while his heart was still in Tallahassee.

He can always...just play at FSU for a year or two, to get it out of his system...and, transfer to UGA next year or the next, if he doesn't think he's being developed properly. In fact, you could say that about all of the Dawgs so-called "misses on the recruiting trail".

IMO...The paradigm of recruiting has completely changed over the last 2 years. You can never put a "period" on a guys "recruiting". He's always on-the-market. Same with Haynes, though, I don't think the Dawgs "need" him...I believe the doors in Athens will always be open for him and his Dad.

So..."Never Say Never"...is the new paradigm....IMO.

• Options

This kid has totally different style than Herschel. He looks a lot like Swift but has a couple moves that remind me of Moreno. Totally different runner than Chubb, or Herschel.

He is his own unique runner. The thing that jumps out to you on tape and he know he has this (because he says as much) is his ability to go from 0 to top speed or from 1st gear to 5th gear after a cut.

So watch the tape. The guy does very similar cuts to Swift where he changes direction maybe 10 degrees when a defensive player is coming at him. This causes him to slow down from 4th gear to 2nd. Then when the lb or db breaks down a little based on his cut he accelerates back to 4th gear so fast that the defensive guy just loses his angle or position on him completely. These are pretty good players in the tape Mater Dei is playing against. Of course he has the breakaway speed to house it every time.

He is a unique guy. I think we have a potential great one here. He also has a couple moves like Moreno where he almost jumps horizontally and then accelerates north south.

This is the best tape I've seen from a running back in quite awhile. I've watched it 5 times now.

• Options
    edited August 2023

I didn't mean to suggest "he ran with Herschel's style". Herschell didn't really have a style when he first arrived in Athens. He was used to running over players, where he played in HS.

Dooley spent most of the 1981 offseason trying to teach him to run behind his blockers and use the designated lanes. It slowed down his "running over people" in the 2nd year. That's when He started developing a "style". There no telling what Frazier is gonna look like when he finally hits the ground running. But, he has Herscel's tools. And, that's what I look at.

There's a huge difference between playing at Wrightsville in the late '70's...and playing at Mater Dei in 2023. Herschel wasn't afforded "great high school Coaching". That's a big difference. Frazier is actually,...probably...much further ahead, development-wise, that Walker was.

We'll see "what he is", soon...I hope. He warrants keeping an eye on, this year, anyway. My thinking is he may actually be "better" than Walker "in year 1", due to his elite development.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is almost like Nick and Sony reincarnated into one package.

So, Kirby and his all star coaching staff, this time Coach McGee, hit another home run on the recruiting trail. Being the best never rests!

Welcome to the brotherhood of Dawg football Mr. Frazier!

• Options

"IMO...The paradigm of recruiting has completely changed over the last 2 years. You can never put a "period" on a guys "recruiting". He's always on-the-market. Same with Haynes, though, I don't think the Dawgs "need" him...I believe the doors in Athens will always be open for him and his Dad."......Justice was a disappointment and I believe he missed a golden opportunity by turning down Georgia and going with Bama. Both Robert Gillespie and Dell McGee are world class RB coaches but when you consider OL's I for one would find it easier to succeed behind The DAWG O-Line. I'm concerned that Haynes will be over used this year as Bama's passing attack is still a work in progress....with over use comes injury. I hope not and I wish JH well and every success....I'd sure welcome him back!

• Options

No one cares about Haynes anymore @GtheGreek.

This kid, Frazier is way better. It really is not even close if you look at the tape. We love Verron Haynes but his son is an Alabama guy now.

This dude, Frazier has the best tape of any running back I've seen since Swift or Moreno. He runs with similar styles to both of them but more like Swift. Yet faster...

Think about that.

I have broken it down on prior posts and believe my evaluation is correct. He is most definitely the #1 running back this year and probably for the last few years at least. Very 'satisfied' he is coming to RBU to continue our proud tradition.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mater Dei has been a football factory and until Clay Helton, an absolute pipeline to USC.

Now that Bruce Rollinson is retired and Riley is more obsessed with his prior recruiting area, UGA should continue to exploit the resources there.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Phillips will be the throw to back, get that guy in space and he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. (sub 4.3 forty) He's listed as the same height as Frazier but he appears smaller on tape so I don't see him as an every down back. Frazier is definitely bulkier and almost as fast(probably 4.4 or a few one hundreths over) but a HR hitter and has some slipperiness to him-but not a bruiser type, more finesse. THat's good because we have 2-3 "loads" to try to tackle already. We will be able to do a bit of everything!. Go Dawgs!