Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Nation’s No. 4 RB Nathaniel Frazier just committed to Georgia football

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Aboard!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You make some good points BigDawg, I can't argue. My point is that Haynes being a legacy, especially one as good as his dad Vernon, there would be extra incentive for him to far exceed his father's accomplishments. Given the development he would have received and combined with playing in a rotational system, Justice would have far exceeded his dad's accomplishments. Maybe we would have be able to get both?

You are correct, Haynes is all Crimson Tide and will be the go to RB in a run first system while they search fro a QB and receivers. The injury bug awaits him on every play....look out for the Longhorns! I still like the kid and wish him well and if they can get past Texas, A&M, LSU, The Vols, and Auburn/Freeze....maybe we will issue him some serious REGRETS! GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It sucks that we didn't get him but luckily for us we have good to great running backs now and coming. The Hobnail Boot play his father was involved in will always be legend.

Unfortunately for us we didn't get him but I think it is time to move on. The guys we have and the ones coming in are going to make us forget him.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now THIS is how I like to start off the week !! Welcome to Dawg Nation young man !! Looking forward to seeing you charging down the field with that power G on your helmet !! You made a wise decision !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh yes totally agree about comparisons of today’s RBs ( really ALL football positions) as compared to back in the Herschel days. ESPECIALLY when talking about the more prominent power program HS’s.

Today they have modern equipment, better coaching, scientific based nutrition and advice available, etc. etc. Back in the “old days” there was no Certified Fitness Instructor ( or Very rare) working with them in the weight room, that was handled by position coaches in college, and the HC and Asst. HC at the HS level.

And scientific nutrition targeted specifically to the athlete ??!!?? Nah !! Maybe eat your Wheaties Lol !! And that’s about as far as it went. So really it’s a testimony to Herschel for him to have accomplished all he did. And to us Dawgs fans ( at least the majority) he will probably endure as the stuff of legend.

BUT Sooner than later these modern RBs will break his records. Herschel himself has not only acknowledged that but unselfishly Embraced it. He wants UGA to reach and sustain the highest levels they can possibly be. So there’s no doubting Herschel’s allegiance to UGA. He’s Shown it time and again.

We’ve heard numerous former Dawgs say “Once a Dawg, Always a Dawg”. I Love, Love that attitude !! Kirby has managed to imbed that ideology even deeper into his players. SURE, Absolutely these guys want a shot at the NFL, and at the highest level possible. Sure can’t knock ‘Em for that. And Kirby & Crew prepare them Better I believe than any school in the country.

But so many times even after they are celebs in the NFL you hear or read these guys touting their school The University Of Georgia !! I think that type loyalty is crucial for a winning Championship level program. This young man will receive All the tools to be a Great at UGA and beyond. He just needs to embrace the hard work and embrace the Dawg ideology and more than apt he will himself become a Legend at Georgia !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Sportsbuff13Sportsbuff13 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Jeff, we apparently still have several big targets on the board, but this is commit 27? How much room do we have left? Bama has only 15 commits, they won't make a run at the top class but might we lose out on guys we just don't have room for? I love that we have gotten this class locked down early and definitely wouldn't trade circumstances, just curious about the numbers.

• Options

We will take up to 5 more of the right ones. Looking like we end up with 4 to me.

Breland

McCray

Kam

Cole

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"He is his own unique runner. The thing that jumps out to you on tape ... is his ability to go from 0 to top speed or from 1st gear to 5th gear after a cut."

Well put.

The thing that jumps out to me is how slippery he is at such a high rate of speed!

Aside from championships, UGA's a great place for an RB like him: He'll get better conditioning and get less beaten-up than anywhere else.

Related topic: The number of UGA-RBs who go on to successful NFL RB careers is about to go way up: Milton, Edwards, the Robinsons, Frazier, Phillips ... ! Frazier and Phillips may become the next Chubb and Michel!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...right? Back in the day...weight training might include a steroid program and a coach rotating thru from time to time. Unless you could afford the personalized training program from the likes of...say, "Howard Cohens Gym" in Savannah, you trained yourself according to a written regiment. The honor system.

Small towns across Georgia did not have "Commercial Gyms" ..hell, most of em, don't have that now...ncluding Bennett's hometown of Blackshear, Ga.. What Bennett did...coming from where he came from...is, nothing short of amazing.

The list of former UGA QBs from our part of the State, is pretty expansive over the last 50 years, but, most of them came from Big, established Programs. Like Benedictine, Valdosta, Camden, Wayne Co., Moultrie...and now, we can add lil' ole Blackshear to the list.

Fantastic. It gives kids in the smaller schools a little hope of breaking thru and playing in the NFL. BTW...[According to FanSided and Sports Illustrated]...Bennett could very well be the starter for LA before the end of the this year. He's settin' the world on fire, out there in Cali. He may even start next Sunday night @9pm vs San Diego.

Who was it, said..."Daniels is a better quarterback"...again? Lol...just kidding. I get why people thought, "what they thought"...that's what the media was pushing.

• Options

Bennett's story makes Rudy look like a bad B grade football story. Stetson is world famous and he needs to parlay his football talents into making money and writing inspiration how to do books.

Just phenomenol. People who know nothing about college football know about him.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61 -"Who was it, said..."Daniels is a better quarterback"...again? Lol...just kidding. I get why people thought, "what they thought"...that's what the media was pushing.

I think you may be misremembering a little or either you're trying to rewrite history....and to what purpose? "Hey, look at me I got it right?"

THis is what I remember. I remember CTM telling SB he didn't see him EVER starting at UGA. I don't think that was the media "pushing" anything. I remember probably the greatest HS QB of all time per his accomplishments transferring to UGA and lighting it up in a couple of games for right at 800 yards passing in those two games. I remember him getting hurt, that cracked the door for SB. Good on him, good for UGA! I remember Dwan Mathis getting the start over SB at Arkansas. THat realy happened and not because the MEdia pushed anything. But because the coaching staff felt like Dwan gave the team the best chance to win.

So, if you want to gloat because you had SB as your guy all the way from the very beginning...that's fine...you guessed right! Pat yourself on the back and see if you can guess the next best QB...you give your two cents and I'll give mine, that's one of the reasons we come here. But let's don't push a narrative that it was just Mike or a few writers foolishly talking up JT. If that was the case then I guess you'd have to say that the UGA coaching staff were foolish too, because they didn't foresee SB as being the best option on the team, like I said, until he was.

• Options
    edited August 2023

Bull...ogna. Lol...I didn't call anybody out. But...we knew. Thanks for stepping forward. Just kidding.

First of all...Bennett's injury in the 2021 Florida game "opened the door" for Daniels. He did well against inferior competition, but, nearly lost to Cincinnati in the Bowl Game. Winning on a 50+ Yd FG.

Then...the following year..."The AJC and Dawg Nation" insisted...and continue to insist, despite evidence to the contrary...that Daniels was the #1 QB and Beck was #2 going into the 2022 season.

Smart said in an interview, that going into the '22 season...the QB decision was not unanimous. Some thought Bennett gave em a better chance against ALL of the teams on the schedule, that year.

Smart was asked, after the Clemson Game.......[in which, Daniels failed to score, BTW]......."Who was the backup QB". By that time...Daniels had been benched for injury and Bennett installed as Starter for the UAB game. So, Smart's answer was correct...it was Beck.

The following week was spent getting Beck up to speed, in case he had to go in for Bennett. THE MEDIA misread that, and thought Beck was going to start. When Bennett went in as "Starter" for the UAB Game,...THE MEDIA "assumed" (imagine a reporter assuming, Lol) that Beck "lost the job" during a game prep week. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

So, yeah....THE MEDIA was pushing against Bennett starting from the get-go and didn't let up till he got to LA. IMO

BTW...It wasn't a guess. I know what I saw...and, so does Sean McVey and Matt Stafford.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61 " The following week was spent getting Beck up to speed, in case he had to go in for Bennett. THE MEDIA misread that, and thought Beck was going to start. When Bennett went in as "Starter" for the UAB Game,...THE MEDIA "assumed" (imagine a reporter assuming, Lol) that Beck "lost the job" during a game prep week. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Sorry to tell you that you're wrong. You seem to have a problem with anyone telling you that. WHy don't you listen to SB's own explanation of how that week played out and where he was on the depth chart going into that week. That is if you care about truth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCstYevlFIU

You can skip to the 19 minute mark is where he gets questioned specifically about how starting that game played out. I think you will be shocked at the answer.

• Options
    edited August 2023

Dude...why are you getting so defensive?...Lol. I haven't heard the question asked and answered straight out. Just assumption and supposition. If he said it I'll take your word for it ..if you take my word for the fact Kirby said something after the 2021 season that implied something completely different.

That and the fact Beck was so obviously "NOT READY", in 2021, that it seemed Incompetent to consider Beck more Ready than Bennett....after the Clemson game and a whole Fall's worth of practices and scrimmages. Maybe he thinks it makes "His Story" more interesting or something...[though i don't see how]...for people to think he was the #3 and won the job miraculously during a game prep week...or...the coaching staff told him that to light fire under his ass.

I've seen that before. But, replacing a "Starter" midweek....right after Fall Camp...virtually never happens when you have a 4 year experienced QB on the roster. UNLESS there is an injury or discipline issue.. There is no time for dueling quarterbacks in the middle of game preps.

IMO...If Monkin really thought Beck was more prepared to play, than Bennett...he's not the coach we all thought he was. I think he let his personal feelings toward Bennett, effect that decision to have Beck #2, if that's the case. And, it would explain some of Bennett's post game comments after the 2021 CFPCG. I wouldn't trust him, completely, either.

Hell...they can't even say if Beck is ready, right now. Lol...what does THAT say?

• Options

This is like arguing about Field and Fromm and who deserved to start.

Nothing gets solved here...nothing.

Anyways, let's please not do the Fromm and Fields thing. We are 2x national champs and just had the #! running back in the nation commit to us. How bout a GO DAWGS! SIC EM! WOOF WOOF

• Options

I wasn't aware it was an argument. I thought we were having a discussion. It eats up time between now, and September 3rd, that's All. Lol

I don't have an axe to grind...I was just pointing out a few of the inconsistencies in coverage, I've noticed regarding Bennett, since he arrived on the scene. Makes me no nevermind, as they say.

It's just football. Lol

• Options

I am just so pumped about Frazier. I don't think people understand how big of deal this kid is. We are pretty spoiled right now. Number 1 class, back 2 back champs, pre-season number 1, number 1 qb recruit, lb recruit, a full ton of OL that average 6'8" 335 lbs, number 1 corner and a whole slew of other absolute studs. Did I mention we got the number 1 long snapper...

Plus most of our coaching staff returns and we have a pretty easy schedule. Not sure if it gets better than this. Oh yah, Branson Robinson was back at practice today running. How about that? These are the glory days...

• Options
    edited August 2023

Lol...it almost seems too good to be true, right? That's when I start worrying. I've been waiting for a weakness or flaw in Kirby's system...and, I've yet to find it. It's like he tore a few pages out of the Military's "How To Handbook" on building a Special Forces Unit.

I don't see anybody catching UGA anytime soon. He's so far ahead of everybody else...he'd have to sit still for a couple of years...just to allow other teams to reach the rung below them, on the ladder to the top. IMO,

Yep...I watched Frazier. I'm telling you....that kid is gonna be "better" than Herschel...just because he's so much further ahead of him in Football Development...not physical development. I can't wait!

Branson is gonna be this year's beast....then, next year...it,'s gonna be Robinson, Frazier, Phillips... and, possibly Paul....out of the backfield. My gawd...throw that in on top of the best QB room in football and a fleet of elite receivers...a line like the Great Wall of China....where's the weakness that you would expose as a DC.

You won't beat em with your personnel...man on man....so, what do you do to stop em? The best you can hope for...is to slow them down and outscore them. But....not so fast my friend (Lol)...UGA still has a top 5 defense....how are you gonna score enough points to keep up with a juggernaut Offense that can run and/or throw with equal efficiency?

AND....don't EVEN get me started on the Special Teams. Lol. If UGA didn't recruit another top 100 recruit, between now and 2025...they'd still have the most talented and successful team in the Country in 2025. That's what I think, anyway.

All those other elite teams that are bringing in a bunch of recruiting stars (*'s), apparently think that all you have to do, is roll your recruiting stars (*'s) out there on the field and have em wave their paper clippings in the face of their opponent...and the other team will... give-in. It don't work like that in Athens...is all's I'm a sayin'. Lol

• Options

We are really in a great spot moving forward. The 12 team playoff next year. The new SEC schedule. We live in the football mecca of college ball. Best conference, best teams, most passion, best players, best coaches.

Maybe even the Falcons go to the playoffs and do something this year...