Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football team leader Javon Bullard ‘forgot what it’s like to lose’

2»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always enjoy your comments. I don’t always agree with you on everything but your certainly entitled to your opinions. And it’s Easy to see you Love the Dawgs and are a devout fan.

I Hope your wrong about next season, but you could be right. As fans all our comments are based on our perspectives and opinions. Same for mine. Just as I do with All my fellow Dawgs fans, I wish You and your family a Very Merry Christmas !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You might be on to something.

Somebody needs to look at how those blown critical calls and no-calls that consistently benefit Bama...everytime....fit in the standard feviation of all the other teams in the SEC [for a start]. Then look at the same for OSU, ND, Oklahoma, Texas and Michigan, with respect to their Conferences.

They may be able to find a pattern and isolate it to a source. My guess is, it's a coalition of rich and powerful Alumni of a few Universities. And, they are buying certain officials...to include the replay process, to ensure a particular matchup.

UGA's been able to outplay their attempts to steal a game...like the one against Bama in '22 and OSU in last year's CFP.

It's crooked, I tell ya. Lol

They ignored calls for a playoff as long as they could. Ask yourself...Why? Bowls have long gone the way of dust bunnies. So, what's stopping em from having a 32 Team Tournament. They don't have that much reach...that's why. They can't manipulate that, the way they do, now...thru officiating and media hype.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Some of you guys are idiots.

We did not get quote “lucky “ against Ohio State last year. We came off the deck not once but twice in that game to win it. Bullard cleaning Harrison’s clock in the end zone is not luck my friend.

How about thinking before you type and rambling on about something that you don’t understand??

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

we're always one loss away from humility. Hopefully, this bitter taste will fuel the team to finish this season the right way, then through the 24 season.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Because unblocked field goals within 50 yards miss at clutch moments as time expires because the opposing team used magic?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby's won the last 2 National CHampionships and Saban is still king? THey may get to the top again this year but I think Texas beats them. We coulda shoulda, but we didn't. Go DAWGS!

• Options
  • Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding how Georgia "was lucky" to beat Ohio State. Fourth quarter dominance isn't luck. Ohio State's last gasp came down to what I believe would have been a career long for their kicker. A kicker missing a career long attempt under the highest possible amount of pressure isn't luck. That's kind of like saying a team was lucky not to lose on a hail Mary. So... what am I missing?

• Options
    edited December 2023

The "missed FG" as time ticked off. You know....the New Year's kick that missed. THAT...was good Luck. Any way you slice it. It was bad officiating that gave em the opportunity.

The usual mix of Crooked Officials and "bad luck" almost knocked the legs out from under the Dawgs in that game. Just like it DID last week.

Bad Luck is one thing [momentum swings]. You can outplay that. But, Crooked or inept officials? Sometimes that's a little harder to overcome.

If they let your DB's get "handsy" with my receivers...yet, flag my guys if they breath hard on one of yours....at opportune times, of course...it causes me to play outside my game And forces me to do things different, offensively...while giving you license to move up and down the field on easy receptions, "interference" & "defensive holding" penalties.

We've all seen it. This is no big Revelation. As long as they are allowed by the media to deny it, with NO PUSH BACK, at all. What is the incentive to change the way they've been doing things, for over a hundred years.

It took a few years worth of exposes, before anything was done about the Concussion Situation. Just sayin'.

Holds & Int's...You can't review those, so that's what you use to control the game's momentum. if you've got a guy in the review booth on the grift...you can control so much more,...[spots, possession, inbounds, receptions, etc.]....if need be.

Like Vincent said, on "The Color Of Money"...." The key to the dump [or, hustle] is to just miss by a breath. You only have to throw 2 or 3 shots [in a tournament] to dump .". It's all about timing.

Obviously, they can't "cheat" on every play. Anymore than you could if you were a pool hustler or "card shark". Reporters are too trusting to ask the hard questions, cause...

"If ya don't know...ya don't know."_____Bumpy Johnson..."American Gangster"

Plus...they want to be able to ask another question next week. That won't happen if they attack the hand that feeds em. Lol

• Options
    edited December 2023

I believe the Dawgs may have to win a few more Natty's before they are invited into the "Star Chamber" that controls CFB behind the scenes.

Once that happens....they start to get the calls. But, not before. Afterall...the CFB Syndicate has been around for a hundred+ years and worth tens of billions. Ya gotta earn THOSE cleats.

• Options

IMO...The same thing that destroyed Boxing, Music, Hollywood...and so many other facets of our Society....has it's sights set on Division 1 CFB. Money talks & BS walks...dontcha know.

Greed + 0 Vision = Chaotic Destruction • (Regression + Corruption)³.

NOT "healthy growth"! CFB will be a shadow of itself, in 20 years...if they don't take control of this "mess". IMO

• Options
    BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

I know that my thoughts don't mean anything to anyone else but me probably but I am so tired of hearing why Georgia cannot beat Alabama in the big game. Well here's my actual thoughts you can't win something that Saban has already bought you can't tell me and make me believe that it wasn't. "GO DAWGS"

• Options

Bingo. It was bought...but, it was bought by the people behind Bama, OSU, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma....etc..

The places with money, power and connection. Until there is a true playoff, like at...all the other levels, in all the othe sports...how can any former Champion be taken at face value. There hasn't been many that didn't involve some kind of debate to legitimize the "named" participants in the "Pageants" of the day.

The game's matter, only when they want em to.

SOS & SOR only matter when they want em to.

Record only matters when they want it to.

And, there are many other subjective levers they can use, to justify various decisions made in putting this team in...and leaving that team out.

The logic gets so twisted and confused...it becomes a circular paradox, beyond a sane, rational explanation. And, we call THAT a Champion.

That's why Kirby [etal.] doesn't put much stock in the CFP. Win and you're "In" has an asterisk by it, now. You can only control, what you can control. I think these SEC Coaches see the SECCG as a National Championship.

That's why they don't get in too big a tizzy over the CFP...unless the SEC was disrespected by being left out. Bama or Texas will win this one. I think Bama's defense and special teams are better, which will be the difference. Bama wins...IMO.