Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football team leader Javon Bullard ‘forgot what it’s like to lose’

Comments

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

I agree. I was born in 1954 and have been a Dawg fan since I knew what a football was. But the Dawgs didn't lose to Bama; the game goes to the crooked officials again. While the Dawgs weren't at the top of their game neither was Bama; the fix was in with the officials once again.

I do know what Bullard is talking about though. I played on teams that never lost from the 3rd to the 8th grade and the hollow feeling I got from the first loss was hard to deal with. My father told me to accept it and learn from it. I learned that losing really sucks.

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA66 and Truthteller need to go to the Bama site since they are definitely not UGA fans.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know that's right! Tell em. We were born the same year...and if you're from S. Ga....there's a good chance, you and I chewed on the same dirt. Lol...how bout them "stickers & gnats".

We didn't "get to" watch the Dawgs every Saturday, back-in-the-day (tic). Sometimes we had to watch Tech and listen to Larry Munson on the radio. He was almost as good at creating a picture, as a television. Lol...I was listening to the 1980 UGA vs FLA game on the radio...not because I had to...but, because I was on a hunting trip.

I had given up, till Lindsey broke that run...[Like I've seen him do many times on the HS field]....and, Larry went through his chair. I cut my hunt short the next day...so I could rush home and watch the replay on The Vince Dooley Show. And, record it on VHS. Lol

Hell...we watched The Vince Dooley Show every Sunday morning and gave that, way more attention than the Paster...while we read the sports page to catch up on the rest of the Country. It was great just to see em win an SECC, back then...which they did.

Dooley shaved his head one year, shocking me and my Brother, when the Dooley Show came on the Sunday after they won it...['76 I think]. We thought he was sick...turns out he promised the Team, he would shave his head if they won the SEC.

Lol. We would watch The Bobby Bowden Show, Bear Bryant Show [when available], Danny Ford, Johnny Majors, Charlie Pell...any Football Show that was available after Church...like it was a religion. That was our internet connection to CFB. A 10 or 11 win season [with Bowl] was considered a Great year.

It's all Commercialized now. Not as much fun...but, good football to watch...with a greater understanding of the ramifications of a loss or win to either side...and the players on the field. But, man..."the hype" (smh). Some reporters don't know how to self-edit. Lol

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Osmosiphobe said...."Sorry, but your prediction of multiple losses is just as unfounded as all of your blowing on about how we were gonna stomp Alabama."

I do predict UGA will be on a semi-rebuild of the offense and defense. This could mean at least a couple losses. Carson back may or may not make a significant difference, Not damning the team, just giving things a harder, more realistic look...could be wrong...this is commentary and opinion. Originally, I truly believed the Dawgs would take the measure of Saban. Reality hit when the Dawgs unraveled some during the game. I am emotional. and responded accordingly. Knew what it meant for UGA to lose this one to Bama...again. I do not plan to watch the Orange Bowl..my choice. Do not love my Dawgs any less. Have been a Dawg longer than many on this site have been alive...note UGA66. Have been a team photographer as well as for the University itself as a J-student. I am a loyal Dawg fan. That is all I have to say. Enjoy your day.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs Will be back and in Force. Mark it down. As long as KS is at the helm the Dawgs will be part of the National Title conversation if not winning it out right.

Bullard is a DGD. He will be missed. Wish him the very best in life on and off the field of play. The former Chief Official Gene Santorie said that the Horse Collar call was Very IFFY and that He would not have called it. Yes the Dawgs Did make critical mistakes in the second half. Can’t erase that, it’s there.

But anyone that thinks the very Biased and Unfair officiating that occurred ( Much of which Also happened in the SECOND half ) No call for face mask on Milton, etc. etc. didn’t Aide and Assist Bama, well I don’t know.

On the one call that was the Most controversial of them all, all I know is the Dawgs had stopped them on Fourth down which meant No FG attempt. Two plays later they score a TD. So if you left Everything, Exactly the same in that game, meaning just accept all the Other bogus calls, Only changing that One bogus call, the Dawgs would have won by four points. That’s just simple arithmetic.

But the Refs not only didn’t review that one play they Rubbed Salt in the Dawgs wounds by reviewing TWO of the Dawgs catches !! No I’m no football expert, and my eyes ain’t what they used to be, but my wife and I have a big screen TV that we can record and rewind as often as we want to. BOTH She and I saw the same things.

These Refs were bound and determined to Aide and Assist Saban as much as they could. Just like the Playoff Committee with their Blatant Bias. Now Some of you can attempt to Insult me by calling me Ryan Day if that spins your wheels. Fine. But in so doing your not Just being so-called honest, your Also Lobbying for Saban. Trying to Justify the bias and unfairness he gets not only against UGA but other teams as well. Either that or your Incredibly Naive.

NO person can have “ Coincidence” weigh SO heavily, SO often in their favor as He does. If it was legit I’d call him and beg him to take me to Vegas and I don’t gamble !! Until Brandon mentioned it on his podcast I had forgotten that the SEC Officiating Hdqtrs. Is in Birmingham, Al !! How nice and convenient. 🙄

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always enjoy your comments. I don’t always agree with you on everything but your certainly entitled to your opinions. And it’s Easy to see you Love the Dawgs and are a devout fan.

I Hope your wrong about next season, but you could be right. As fans all our comments are based on our perspectives and opinions. Same for mine. Just as I do with All my fellow Dawgs fans, I wish You and your family a Very Merry Christmas !! Go Dawgs !!

You might be on to something.

Somebody needs to look at how those blown critical calls and no-calls that consistently benefit Bama...everytime....fit in the standard feviation of all the other teams in the SEC [for a start]. Then look at the same for OSU, ND, Oklahoma, Texas and Michigan, with respect to their Conferences.

They may be able to find a pattern and isolate it to a source. My guess is, it's a coalition of rich and powerful Alumni of a few Universities. And, they are buying certain officials...to include the replay process, to ensure a particular matchup.

UGA's been able to outplay their attempts to steal a game...like the one against Bama in '22 and OSU in last year's CFP.

It's crooked, I tell ya. Lol

They ignored calls for a playoff as long as they could. Ask yourself...Why? Bowls have long gone the way of dust bunnies. So, what's stopping em from having a 32 Team Tournament. They don't have that much reach...that's why. They can't manipulate that, the way they do, now...thru officiating and media hype.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 214 ✭✭✭ Junior

Some of you guys are idiots.

We did not get quote “lucky “ against Ohio State last year. We came off the deck not once but twice in that game to win it. Bullard cleaning Harrison’s clock in the end zone is not luck my friend.

How about thinking before you type and rambling on about something that you don’t understand??

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

we're always one loss away from humility. Hopefully, this bitter taste will fuel the team to finish this season the right way, then through the 24 season.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Because unblocked field goals within 50 yards miss at clutch moments as time expires because the opposing team used magic?

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby's won the last 2 National CHampionships and Saban is still king? THey may get to the top again this year but I think Texas beats them. We coulda shoulda, but we didn't. Go DAWGS!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding how Georgia "was lucky" to beat Ohio State. Fourth quarter dominance isn't luck. Ohio State's last gasp came down to what I believe would have been a career long for their kicker. A kicker missing a career long attempt under the highest possible amount of pressure isn't luck. That's kind of like saying a team was lucky not to lose on a hail Mary. So... what am I missing?