Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dropped my Sports Illustrated subscription

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SI has become a political forum for the left. Called and cancelled my subscription after many years as loyal subscriber. So far haven’t missed it!

Comments

  • RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

    @AndersonDawg All you need is DawgNation my friend. Unless you're an NFL guy too, in which case I pray for you and your search for good articles.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

    Dropped it years ago. Haven’t missed it.

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:
    Dropped it years ago. Haven’t missed it.

    If attendance continues to drop, you might not have a chance to miss it.

  • UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:
    Dropped it years ago. Haven’t missed it.

    Same here.

  • greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    There was a post yesterday on the Athens 960 “the Ref”’s Facebook page going off on President Trump. After a few comments from people saying “stick to sports, please,” it was removed. Man, I’m not sure what’s so hard about just making it about sports when you are a sports outlet.

  • Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @greshamdisco said:
    There was a post yesterday on the Athens 960 “the Ref”’s Facebook page going off on President Trump. After a few comments from people saying “stick to sports, please,” it was removed. Man, I’m not sure what’s so hard about just making it about sports when you are a sports outlet.

    So shouldn’t we stick to sports here too?

  • FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I have not read a SI in a very long time but I have heard they were going political just like ESPN. I know this is a sports board and I have no intention of going on some partisan rant but I do want to voice my extreme displeasure over politics being injected into every darn thing. You can't watch a TV program, a movie, listen to a song or watch ball games without someone trying to hammer their politics into you and I'm beyond sick of it. Unfortunately I will have to continue to be sick of it because I doubt it's changing anytime soon.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    We are suffering from a form of mass hysteria in this country when it comes to politics. Sports and unfortunately, the football we love, cannot help but be affected. The loss of the sense of escapism is the result.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Dawg19 said:

    @greshamdisco said:
    There was a post yesterday on the Athens 960 “the Ref”’s Facebook page going off on President Trump. After a few comments from people saying “stick to sports, please,” it was removed. Man, I’m not sure what’s so hard about just making it about sports when you are a sports outlet.

    So shouldn’t we stick to sports here too?

    I generally agree, but the thread title clued me into the potential content. As long as I know what I'm getting into, I can choose to click or not. It is cool.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @FredBear said:
    I have not read a SI in a very long time but I have heard they were going political just like ESPN. I know this is a sports board and I have no intention of going on some partisan rant but I do want to voice my extreme displeasure over politics being injected into every darn thing. You can't watch a TV program, a movie, listen to a song or watch ball games without someone trying to hammer their politics into you and I'm beyond sick of it. Unfortunately I will have to continue to be sick of it because I doubt it's changing anytime soon.

    You could stop watching broadcast TV as I did ten years ago. I kept a cable subscription to watch only football. Stopped watching NFL this year.

  • paulpaulpaulpaul Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I love football and watch to be entertained as well as getting away from the world so when the NFL players started showing there a__ I just turned it off. I will not watch another game. Thank God for college football and the DAWGS!!!

  • FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @JayDog said:

    @FredBear said:
    I have not read a SI in a very long time but I have heard they were going political just like ESPN. I know this is a sports board and I have no intention of going on some partisan rant but I do want to voice my extreme displeasure over politics being injected into every darn thing. You can't watch a TV program, a movie, listen to a song or watch ball games without someone trying to hammer their politics into you and I'm beyond sick of it. Unfortunately I will have to continue to be sick of it because I doubt it's changing anytime soon.

    You could stop watching broadcast TV as I did ten years ago. I kept a cable subscription to watch only football. Stopped watching NFL this year.

    Yes, I have already done most of that. In fact I'm a cord cutter and have not missed it at all. I listen to Georgia games on the radio and occasionally catch a college game on one of the airwave networks but I hardly watch any television programming at all now. MeTV and Netflix for classic television and movies had been my thing for quite a while now.

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @FredBear said:

    @JayDog said:

    @FredBear said:
    I have not read a SI in a very long time but I have heard they were going political just like ESPN. I know this is a sports board and I have no intention of going on some partisan rant but I do want to voice my extreme displeasure over politics being injected into every darn thing. You can't watch a TV program, a movie, listen to a song or watch ball games without someone trying to hammer their politics into you and I'm beyond sick of it. Unfortunately I will have to continue to be sick of it because I doubt it's changing anytime soon.

    You could stop watching broadcast TV as I did ten years ago. I kept a cable subscription to watch only football. Stopped watching NFL this year.

    Yes, I have already done most of that. In fact I'm a cord cutter and have not missed it at all. I listen to Georgia games on the radio and occasionally catch a college game on one of the airwave networks but I hardly watch any television programming at all now. MeTV and Netflix for classic television and movies had been my thing for quite a while now.

    Yep me too Give me a good episode of Gunsmoke or Walker Texas ranger and I'm good to go.

  • KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Darn Millennials killing the print industry.

  • CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Its all about being PC these days.

  • ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I for one am glad Chris K. the Alabama version of Jeff Sentell is no longer covering the Dawgs like he was in the early days of Dawg Nation. On Twitter he retweeted fake news of a hit piece on Trump during the election. After it came to light it was fake, he quickly deleted it. Not that I need anymore reasons to hate Bama, this one does add to it. Glad that the Dawg Nation guys keep it strictly sports. I try to listen to the podcast daily and haven't heard any politics. That's why I follow Dawg Nation daily instead of ESPN and all the other click bait online sites.

Sign In or Register to comment.