Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama ‘safe’ hire on paper Kalen DeBoer is ironic and risky in reality

13»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bwahaha !! I always love your comments my Bro !!! That last was so funny “ renting might be an option’ !! 😂

• Options

From another site thought Y’all might be interested:

Washington Players Blindsided by Kalen DeBoer’s Departure: ‘It’s A Cold World’

Washington players were blindsided by the sudden departure of coach Kalen DeBoer, who accepted the coaching job at Alabama not even one week after the Huskies were defeated by Michigan in the College Football Playoff national championship game. 

DeBoer, who spent two seasons with the Huskies, was presented with a major opportunity in Tuscaloosa after the retirement of legendary coach Nick Saban. Things moved quickly, as DeBoer seized the opportunity shortly after Washington athletic director Troy Dannen met with him to discuss a new contract Friday morning. 

DeBoer informed Huskies players that he was leaving for Alabama in a team meeting on Friday afternoon. Later that day, Washington cornerback Elijah Jackson went on Instagram Live to explain how shocked he and his teammates were by the sudden move. Here’s video of Jackson, courtesy of Emerald City Sporting News on X, formerly Twitter. 

Jackson spoke about how the Huskies were in the weight room when an ESPN report about DeBoer and his Washington contract aired on television. Another player chimed in, saying that DeBoer “didn’t say anything to anybody,” to which Jackson replied that “it’s a cold world.” 

Jackson and the Huskies players then described the team meeting, which they felt DeBoer only held because he “had to,” with Jackson claiming that his coach wasn’t clear with his intention to take the new job while speaking to the players. 

Washington president Ana Mari Cauce released a statement Friday saying the university was ”disappointed” that DeBoer chose to leave. Judging by Jackson’s comments, he—and other players—are not happy with how their coach chose to handle the situation.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And now, your new head coach and man of the future….. but first, let’s talk more about how great Nick Saban is as he glares at us from the front row ….

• Options
  • Options

@MikeGriffith IF the info. I just read on another site is correct, there’s gonna be Huge turnover in staff at Bama. Sounds like DeBoer is gonna bring in all his pals from WA. To me that’s a critical Mistake. As most if not All of them don’t have any relationships built with the HSs. and players in the south. He’s doing what many including me figured he’d do, rewarding his previous staff. That could be a Huge mistake !! Here’s what I read: Grubb is expected to reunite with DeBoer as he is reportedly going to be named Alabama’s new offensive coordinator, per The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman.

Feldman added that offensive lineman coach Scott Huff, wide receivers coach JaMarcus Shephard and tight ends coach Nick Sheridan are also expected to join DeBoer and Grubb in Tuscaloosa.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to worry navydawg......Debore will whip The Tide into a Pac 12 Indiana in no time.....just wondering, will Grubb conform his offense to suit Milroe's talents or will Grubb insist that Milroe learn a new scheme??? I'm thinking they will have Milroe use his running ability to extend plays running around the backfield ala Penix. So to beat Bama, contain Milroe. Oh well recruiting will be in good hands....Jerret McElwain is now on the job.....you know Jerret, he's Jim's son and I'm sure he'll pull in the talent! Yep, a Pac 12 Indiana....that first game against Western Kentucky will be a real nail bitter!

• Options
    edited January 14

Great stuff my Bro !! You have a great knack for making me laugh But telling the Truth all at the same time !! Don’t YOU transfer to any other site !! You always make me laugh But give me things to think about to !! Your a sure nuff DGD in my book !! Go Dawgs !! “ First game against Western KY will be a real nail biter” Bwahaha !! I’ll be laughing about that all week to myself and people will pull their children away from me and whisper to them: “Kids feel sorry for that ole man he has mental issues”!! 😂🤣