Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is anyone else receiving an unusually high amount of Iphone spam ads on this site?

13»

Comments

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:
    @Kasey said:

Private browsing didn’t work :(

Did you clean and delete website history?

Go to “Settings” ~ “Safari” ~ then “clear history and website data”

then try it.

Private mode after clearing website data didn’t work for me either. However, downloading Adblock plus app and installing to work with safari is working right now!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I’m trying it again to see if it works

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JGoodman said:
    I access Dawgnation forums by iPhone 100% of the time that I'm here. 99% of the time it's from the Chrome browser. I've never had an ad like that. Id be willing to bet it's malware from somewhere. Even if Apple disagreeS.

All I use is the chrome browser. I’m still having the issue.

• Options
    josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

FWIW, I was having the same problem. I started just using the DawgNation app

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes. Seems to have just started in the last 24-hours. It is an issue on their server or else they had the distribution list hacked to be spinning out the same spam to all of us. On the bright side, I seem to be winning a prize every time I visit this site.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

@JeffSentell @SavageDawg17 @Kelli_Grizzard @sethemerson This is so annoying! Every time it happens I have to completely close out my browser. I’ve cleared my cookies and I downloaded a popup blocker, but it’s still happening. I just got a new one.

• Options
    dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I swear I was going to post about it and it happened when I went had it all typed out and it didn’t save as a draft. I was to lazy to type it again

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank y’all for addressing this! It looks to be working great again!