Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is anyone else receiving an unusually high amount of Iphone spam ads on this site?

2

Comments

  • Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I have it more on Dawgnation than on the forum. On Dawgnation it takes forever to totally load up. Very frustrating.

  • Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    What version of iOS? I'm using a 4th gen iPad and have not gotten any.

  • Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Iphone 6s using latest iOS - 11.1.

  • Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    These type of ads are why I switched to an adblock browser.

  • Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @moos said:
    These type of ads are why I switched to an adblock browser.

    What browser do you use?

  • Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Reeldawg said:
    Iphone 6s using latest iOS - 11.1.

    That's what I have--though I haven't experienced this problem.

  • Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Reeldawg said:

    @moos said:
    These type of ads are why I switched to an adblock browser.


    What browser do you use?

    Adblock browser (the people who make the desktop plugin)

  • Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    It’s become insufferable!!!! Right now I can’t even open a thread without it popping up and kicking me off!!!

    Really annoying.

  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,893 mod

    Hope it gets fixed soon

  • Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JeffSentell @DawgNationDaily @SavageDawg17 @sethemerson

    Tagging the powers that be on the site to this thread

  • Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @bmauldin said:
    It’s become insufferable!!!! Right now I can’t even open a thread without it popping up and kicking me off!!!

    Really annoying.

    @bmauldin If you’re on a phone or tablet, try that Norton Ad blocker.

    It’s just an app so it is an easy uninstall if you don’t like it. I have been using it last night and today without issues. I think the battery drain was exaggerated by my earlier post.

    Just delete cookies and history once installed.

    Private mode works as well but that may just be Iphone.

  • Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Reeldawg said:

    @bmauldin said:
    It’s become insufferable!!!! Right now I can’t even open a thread without it popping up and kicking me off!!!

    Really annoying.

    @bmauldin If you’re on a phone or tablet, try that Norton Ad blocker.

    It’s just an app so it is an easy uninstall if you don’t like it. I have been using it last night and today without issues. I think the battery drain was exaggerated by my earlier post.

    Just delete cookies and history once installed.

    Private mode works as well but that may just be Iphone.

    I’m just having the issue on my iPhone not my computer.
    Tried in private mode but no dice.

  • Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

    @bmauldin said: I’m just having the issue on my iPhone not my computer.
    Tried in private mode but no dice.

    Go to “Settings” ~ “Safari” ~ then “clear history and website data”

    then try private mode.

    Either way, this site shouldn’t be a hassle.

  • Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Reeldawg said:

    @bmauldin said: I’m just having the issue on my iPhone not my computer.
    Tried in private mode but no dice.

    Go to “Settings” ~ “Safari” ~ then “clear history and website data”

    then try private mode.

    Either way, this site shouldn’t be a hassle.

    Seems to be working that route. Thanks

  • Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Thanks @moos for the heads up on ad blocking browser. Searched around some. Didn’t realize AdBlock plus had an iPhone app. Installed that and enabled it for Safari. Seems to be helping, at least for the second quarter.

  • Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @insertusernamehere said:
    Thanks @moos for the heads up on ad blocking browser. Searched around some. Didn’t realize AdBlock plus had an iPhone app. Installed that and enabled it for Safari. Seems to be helping, at least for the second quarter.

    Yeah,I realize site owners have to eat, but I have no qualms when it comes to screen take over ads. You allow those, I no longer care about your revenue

  • Options
    JGoodmanJGoodman Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I access Dawgnation forums by iPhone 100% of the time that I'm here. 99% of the time it's from the Chrome browser. I've never had an ad like that. Id be willing to bet it's malware from somewhere. Even if Apple disagreeS.

  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,893 mod

    Private browsing didn’t work :(

  • Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:

    Private browsing didn’t work :(

    Did you clean and delete website history?

    Go to “Settings” ~ “Safari” ~ then “clear history and website data”

    then try it.

  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,893 mod

    @Reeldawg said:
    @Kasey said:

    Private browsing didn’t work :(

    Did you clean and delete website history?

    Go to “Settings” ~ “Safari” ~ then “clear history and website data”

    then try it.

    did all that...still didn't work

Sign In or Register to comment.