Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN's FPI....Are you kidding me?!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

@MinnesotaDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    Is Norte Dame out of the playoffs with 1 loss? Probably not, but just curious, as they’ll get out of playing in a tough conference championship game. Everyone keeps mentioning conference championships in this thread, while they’ll get to conveniently not play in one.

True, but ND will be in. Brand, geography, national audience, politics (basically all of the unstated criteria of the committee), all say yes to ND. Football arguments will be based on strength of record, they won ten games in a row, one of the "hottest" teams, one close "good" loss, beat x number of ranked teams, etc. Don't get me wrong, I do think one-loss ND would be a worthy playoff team, above several other potential conference champions...but so would a one-loss Georgia.

All of the above reasons for ND to be in make me skeptical we'll get a fair shake with one loss. I know what it appears the likelihood is--that we'll get in if we win the SECC. But we are going on people's opinions--not conference championships. There are a lot of variables affecting opinions. What if ND loses to Miami? According to the committee, our win against them is why we are #1. Where are we then? Number two? If we lose to Auburn and ND loses, what will their opinion of our SOS be then? I think we'd be worthy of the playoff with one loss--I just know there are no guarantees.

Food for thought. We could easily have won that game by 21 rather than 1. Would ND still be #3 if we had and would the win look as good? Maybe if we had we would be #2.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They'd still be the best 4 loss team in the country tho. They'd have 3 losses to top 5 teams and 1 to LSU. I think TCU takes care of the situation Sat. But even if OU beats them, how can anyone put a team that plays zero defense in the CFP. Mayfield may win the Heisman, but their D is TERRIBLE..

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:
    They'd still be the best 4 loss team in the country tho. They'd have 3 losses to top 5 teams and 1 to LSU. I think TCU takes care of the situation Sat. But even if OU beats them, how can anyone put a team that plays zero defense in the CFP. Mayfield may win the Heisman, but their D is TERRIBLE..

Being the best 4 loss team sounds like being Champions of Life.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

@MIghtydawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Speaking of which (UT) they are one of the best 0-5 teams in the SEC :D At the very least #2

• Options

Yes it does. N maybe Gus will give em a ring too. But we were in that spot a year ago. I like where we're headed.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We were not the best 5 loss team last year. With a blow out loss Ole Miss, losing to Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, and Tech, and close victories over Nicholls State, Missouri, and Kentucky, we were lucky to win 8 games. We were definitely not Champions of Life.

• Options

Lol dude I meant we dropped 5 games last year. Don't overthink it.

• Options

So if the dumpster fire that's UTjr gets the champions of life gig, is it because they WERE a train wreck and deserve the have their bottom rubbed with their past and previous record? Or does the champions of life thing cut off at a certain win-loss point lol?

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This weekend is huge because there are some> @MIghtydawg said:

If Auburn loses to us and Bama, they will no longer be top 10, would be lucky to be top 20 with 4 losses.

Right, but they are #10 right now, which counts for something this upcoming Tuesday night.

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Win the remaining games and it won't matter what others think.

• Options
    dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

@Lefty said:

@Kasey said:
    If Notre Dame and Clemson go without losing again, they are both getting in. If Wisconsin is undefeated and Big 10 champs, they are getting in. It's gonna be interesting, but they have to play these games

If Notre Dame wins out they will probably be in, the reason I say probably is because they won't go in in in front of the Dawgs if we were to lose to Bama in the SECCG. I don't believe Wisconsin gets in period.

You are crazy if you think that is true. The committee will do everything possible to get ND in and to not have two teams from the same conference.

• Options

@CoachRob16 said:
    Win the remaining games and it won't matter what others think.

This is the message CKS's sending. As it should be if we hope to begin a dynasty.

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

No doubt. The culture has been changed.

• Options

@Teddy said:
    Is Norte Dame out of the playoffs with 1 loss? Probably not, but just curious, as they’ll get out of playing in a tough conference championship game. Everyone keeps mentioning conference championships in this thread, while they’ll get to conveniently not play in one.

They do not play a conference championship, but they do play a national schedule. They will have played teams from the SEC, ACC, BIG10, and PAC12. I am pretty sure no other team plays schools from 4 out 5 power conferences

• Options

CMR had the Canes looking pretty good against the Hokies. I think they mad stun ND since they get em at home. But then I can see them losing to CU in the ACC c'ship game.

• Options
  • Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dradcliff said:

@Teddy said:

They do not play a conference championship, but they do play a national schedule. They will have played teams from the SEC, ACC, BIG10, and PAC12. I am pretty sure no other team plays schools from 4 out 5 power conferences

That’s another advantage of playing as an independent. You can schedule teams across all the land, as they don’t have a mandatory 8-9 conference games.

• Options

@Lefty said:

@dradcliff said:

@Lefty said:

@Kasey said:
    If Notre Dame and Clemson go without losing again, they are both getting in. If Wisconsin is undefeated and Big 10 champs, they are getting in. It's gonna be interesting, but they have to play these games

If Notre Dame wins out they will probably be in, the reason I say probably is because they won't go in in in front of the Dawgs if we were to lose to Bama in the SECCG. I don't believe Wisconsin gets in period.

You are crazy if you think that is true. The committee will do everything possible to get ND in and to not have two teams from the same conference.

The committee will lose all credibility if the Dawgs lose to Bama and the put Notre Dame in and keep the Dawgs out. They are praying that either the Dawgs or Bama loses before the SECCG or that the Dawgs beat Bama thus kicking Bama out. No way do the Dawgs get kept out with losing to Bama and Notre Dame wins out. Just my humble opinion.

They will say it's about who is playing the best football at the end, a team that just lose or a team that has won their last 10. They will find a way to justify their decision.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This looks like Colin Cowherd type s**t.