Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arrest Video

13»

Comments

• Options
    joe_rush45joe_rush45 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JRT812 said:
    M> @joe_rush45 said:

Just really wish UGA would change THIS policy .

BAMA kids are found in the ACT, stolen handguns in their possession etc but gets let off and misses NO TIME from the field

UTenn’s players smoke on campus, get caught and are asked to politely turn themselves in WEEKS after the incident happens

UF’s PLAYERS. . . . Not even worth working my thumb out that much tonight

OKLAHOMA PLAYERS ARE 1 BEING ACCUSED OF RAPE, yet free to play in this amazingly national televised upcoming game w/ no punishment 2) beating up WOMEN at bars and allowed to remain apart of the program

Natrez (Chauncey Rivers for that matter) smokes a joint by him lonesome OR enjoys a car ride w/ a buddy/teammate/BROTHER from the same city (Atlanta) and ppl act like he should be exiled and never to return.(never had a violent act or disrespectful outburst such as grabbing his N U T S or shooing the bird to opposing fans)

UGA policy’s ONLY shoot ourselves in the foot.

@JeffSentell

Said it before and all about having a good time, but I politely disagree with you on the policy. Make no bones about I want to win more than Kirby's wallet, but I am proud we do things differently than some. Couldn't help but think "trash" while reading your statements about the others schools. We are better than that.

Kids/adults make mistakes and some (not all) are quick to forgive. However, people aren't as quick to forgive when its the 4th time Patrick has been either involved or around the same thing that requires forgiveness. Also the timing of the arrest really doesn't help his rep either.

Not excusing it; just somewhat sympathetic , KNOW we’re only hurting ourselves with these policy’s, honestly think im just looking at it from a younger adults perspective and someone who just graduated college w/ a bachelors of science in Criminal Justice

Bama/O$U players (won ALOT more than UGA over the past few years) have come out on the record at NFL combines stating they’ve failed multiple drug test that mainstream media has never reported and we hold those kids on pedistols , but if our administration kept things in house like many of these other schools we would not be having this conversation.

I think with marijuana being decriminalized in many areas of the country, with it being a NON-jailable offense in Atlanta and many other places why are we holding on to these 20-30 year old policy’s when we don’t even have State laws that havent been in place as long/have been revised #TimesChange #ThingsChange

Everyone else laughs at us , then sweeps their dirt under the rug and handle things internally.

Just wish the best for a FRIEND guys lol (Natrez)
    It’s ALL #GoDawgs

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@MIghtydawg said:
    I love the holier-than-thou crowd, who have never made any mistakes, and who love to judge other people I am not condoning what Stanley and Patrick did. Just praising Stanley for trying to take the rap for his friend and keep him on the team once they found themselves in a bad situation.

I dont think it's "holier-than-thou" to recognize that someone was doing something ****. I'm assuming that since you are not condoning what they did, then you believe it was wrong. How is that any different?

For the record, I have made numerous mistakes in my life. However, none of them were Driving Under the Influence. Something not to be taken lightly.

i think it is safe to say that there are many people who have never driven under the influence. i have had a couple drinks, but always under the limit. that goes all the way back to high school. but, i don't think I'm special for saying that. most of my friends from church could say the same thing. there are some errors you can make life in like getting angry or doing something mean you regret, but driving under the influence means one is ok killing someone else even in negligence. i think whay made that so clear and helped me not dui was a girl in my high school who got in an accident while dui and suffered brain damage. she came back to school a year later but it was more to be there because she couldn't process anything beyond about 2nd grade level stuff. it was a daily reminder to all of us unfortunately.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@BamaDawg said:

@MIghtydawg said:
    I love the holier-than-thou crowd, who have never made any mistakes, and who love to judge other people I am not condoning what Stanley and Patrick did. Just praising Stanley for trying to take the rap for his friend and keep him on the team once they found themselves in a bad situation.

I dont think it's "holier-than-thou" to recognize that someone was doing something ****. I'm assuming that since you are not condoning what they did, then you believe it was wrong. How is that any different?

For the record, I have made numerous mistakes in my life. However, none of them were Driving Under the Influence. Something not to be taken lightly.

i think it is safe to say that there are many people who have never driven under the influence. i have had a couple drinks, but always under the limit. that goes all the way back to high school. but, i don't think I'm special for saying that. most of my friends from church could say the same thing. there are some errors you can make life in like getting angry or doing something mean you regret, but driving under the influence means one is ok killing someone else even in negligence. i think whay made that so clear and helped me not dui was a girl in my high school who got in an accident while dui and suffered brain damage. she came back to school a year later but it was more to be there because she couldn't process anything beyond about 2nd grade level stuff. it was a daily reminder to all of us unfortunately.

Actually, you just proved my point. You admit to having a couple of drinks and then driving. Once you drink alcohol and then drive, you are under the influence of alcohol. While you may be under the legal limit, study after study shows that any amount of alcohol delays your reaction time. While you think that you are fine to drive or under the legal limit, your reaction time is delayed.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

@joe_rush45 said:

@JRT812 said:
    M> @joe_rush45 said:

Just really wish UGA would change THIS policy .

BAMA kids are found in the ACT, stolen handguns in their possession etc but gets let off and misses NO TIME from the field

UTenn’s players smoke on campus, get caught and are asked to politely turn themselves in WEEKS after the incident happens

UF’s PLAYERS. . . . Not even worth working my thumb out that much tonight

OKLAHOMA PLAYERS ARE 1 BEING ACCUSED OF RAPE, yet free to play in this amazingly national televised upcoming game w/ no punishment 2) beating up WOMEN at bars and allowed to remain apart of the program

Natrez (Chauncey Rivers for that matter) smokes a joint by him lonesome OR enjoys a car ride w/ a buddy/teammate/BROTHER from the same city (Atlanta) and ppl act like he should be exiled and never to return.(never had a violent act or disrespectful outburst such as grabbing his N U T S or shooing the bird to opposing fans)

UGA policy’s ONLY shoot ourselves in the foot.

@JeffSentell

Said it before and all about having a good time, but I politely disagree with you on the policy. Make no bones about I want to win more than Kirby's wallet, but I am proud we do things differently than some. Couldn't help but think "trash" while reading your statements about the others schools. We are better than that.

Kids/adults make mistakes and some (not all) are quick to forgive. However, people aren't as quick to forgive when its the 4th time Patrick has been either involved or around the same thing that requires forgiveness. Also the timing of the arrest really doesn't help his rep either.

Not excusing it; just somewhat sympathetic , KNOW we’re only hurting ourselves with these policy’s, honestly think im just looking at it from a younger adults perspective and someone who just graduated college w/ a bachelors of science in Criminal Justice

Bama/O$U players (won ALOT more than UGA over the past few years) have come out on the record at NFL combines stating they’ve failed multiple drug test that mainstream media has never reported and we hold those kids on pedistols , but if our administration kept things in house like many of these other schools we would not be having this conversation.

I think with marijuana being decriminalized in many areas of the country, with it being a NON-jailable offense in Atlanta and many other places why are we holding on to these 20-30 year old policy’s when we don’t even have State laws that havent been in place as long/have been revised #TimesChange #ThingsChange

Everyone else laughs at us , then sweeps their dirt under the rug and handle things internally.

Just wish the best for a FRIEND guys lol (Natrez)
    It’s ALL #GoDawgs

I hear you Joe. Times do change. Is it the policy or the actions that is hurting us? Pot, policy, or DUI that hurt the team? I argue action and selfish action at that. Not the 3 offense policy that covers a wide range of things. Not pot, I’m sure they aren’t the only ones smoking just are to open about it. It’s the actions. Set the DUI aside. They have been asked not to do something and yet they still do it and even act careless about it. Consequences for actions is something I am working on with my 3 year old daughter. Multiple teaching moments with her lately. Shouldn’t be the same with adults.

Pot will eventually be considered normal and on the same level as alcohol, but items such as DUI, unlawful carry of weapons, hitting chicks, will never be swept under the rug at UGA.

Oh and wish nothing but the best for the two of them.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@BamaDawg said:

@MIghtydawg said:

Actually, you just proved my point. You admit to having a couple of drinks and then driving. Once you drink alcohol and then drive, you are under the influence of alcohol. While you may be under the legal limit, study after study shows that any amount of alcohol delays your reaction time. While you think that you are fine to drive or under the legal limit, your reaction time is delayed.

He didn't prove anything. It has been shown on numerous studies that a person can drink a certain amount and not be under the influence to the point that it affects/impairs their ability to drive (thus the reason that there are limits). You are trying to split hairs to prop up your pointless argument.

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do it at home. At a friends house. Not in a car going +20 over the speed limit. Not with what's at stake.

• Options
    Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Also lets not act like going 87 is a ridiculous...on the highway many times i find myself going around this speed and it doesn't feel like I'm going more than 60. It happens to many people.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

The legal limit is when you are considered legally drunk. It has nothing to do with whether or not you are impaired by alcohol. Alcohol begins effecting the body with just a few sips. Obviously, the degree of impairment becomes greater with the amount that you drink but there is some level of impairment with drinking any alcohol. Like I said, I don't know anyone who drinks who has not driven after having a drink.

Drivers with a BAC of .01 percent - the lowest level recorded in the dataset - were 46 per cent more likely to be solely blamed for the crash than a sober driver. The authors also find no 'threshold effect' - i.e. 'no sudden transition from blameless to blamed' at the legal limit for drunk driving. Instead, blame increases steadily and smoothly from BAC 0.01 to 0.24 per cent. 'Even if you're not aware of it, you are impaired after one drink,' he said. 'Maybe not as much as after 5 drinks, but you are,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2543913/Driving-just-ONE-drink-makes-likely-car-crash.html#ixzz50b0DkTFQ
    F

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg19 said:
    Also lets not act like going 87 is a ridiculous...on the highway many times i find myself going around this speed and it doesn't feel like I'm going more than 60. It happens to many people.

87 is not ridiculous on the highway.... probably was ridiculous for the road they were on. Good way to stand out

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will never apologize or feel bad about our players being held to a higher standard. They are better because of it. That said, I can tell you from my years in Athens that at times the local authorities almost went out of their way to focus on the actions of athletes.

This happened about 20 yrs ago, I'm not going to name the players, but they are names anyone following the team since then would easily recognize. My parents were in Athens on a Saturday night after a game. Their car was lightly rear ended by a car that happened to be driven by 2 football players. Very minor damage to the bumper. No injuries of sort. A patrol car was nearby and responded, taking statements from my parents and the players. My parents were fine, no harm, no foul, everyone was polite and perfectly calm. The first cop started to arrest the players, going so far as to pull out handcuffs and started putting them on. No drugs were involved, no breathilizer test given. The cop's partner stopped him and the players were written a ticket instead. That is discrimination, in my opinion. There is no way the average person on the street is even close to being arrested for a minor fender bender with no injuries or appreciable damage.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:
    The legal limit is when you are considered legally drunk. It has nothing to do with whether or not you are impaired by alcohol. Alcohol begins effecting the body with just a few sips. Obviously, the degree of impairment becomes greater with the amount that you drink but there is some level of impairment with drinking any alcohol. Like I said, I don't know anyone who drinks who has not driven after having a drink.

Drivers with a BAC of .01 percent - the lowest level recorded in the dataset - were 46 per cent more likely to be solely blamed for the crash than a sober driver. The authors also find no 'threshold effect' - i.e. 'no sudden transition from blameless to blamed' at the legal limit for drunk driving. Instead, blame increases steadily and smoothly from BAC 0.01 to 0.24 per cent. 'Even if you're not aware of it, you are impaired after one drink,' he said. 'Maybe not as much as after 5 drinks, but you are,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2543913/Driving-just-ONE-drink-makes-likely-car-crash.html#ixzz50b0DkTFQ
    F

Again, your splitting hairs to prop up your point. The BAC was set as a limit to when you are supposedly impaired to the point is being unable to operated a vehicle. I don't think anyone is arguing that there aren't varying degrees of impairment, but the facts are that Stanley was above the limited by society. Again, it wasn't a "mistake." They didn't accidently smoke pot, fall into a car, and start speeding. They were wrong, I don't care what study or article is posted.

• Options
    rrich45rrich45 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the Glove don't fit must acquit

• Options

@MIghtydawg said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:

@BamaDawg said:

@MIghtydawg said:

no, a dui is .08 or .1 depending on the state. driving after one drink is nor driving under the influence. go ask any police officer. any. i am not going to look down on, criticize or question anyone who drives under the legal limit.

• Options

@12ed said:

@CaliforniaDawg said:
    go ask any police officer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

i can't believe i wasted my time watching thst just to be sure your post was irrelevant, but i hate assuming more so i did. that video is about being asked questions by the police about something that occurred they yoy might be involved with. my recommendation was to ask a police officer not when you are trouble but proactively, to clarify, to understand.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsOnTop91 said:
    I’m guessing a lot of you have never did anything dumb while you were in your 20’s? Not proud of saying it but while in college there were plenty of nights where I drove from a party intoxicated. Definitely not proud because I lost a friend in 2016 to a drunk driver killing him but don’t be so quick to judge when more than half of you commenting have done the same without the negative consequences. Some have probably done worse and it hasn’t come to light so don’t be so quick to give your brash opinions without thinking about the things you’ve done in your past! I’m sure half the team was LIT as the new generation says..

I look back on those days and cringe. I remember being elected driver one night after a football game because I was the sober one. I had consumed a filth that night.

• Options
    dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

As far as charges, drug test means sheet....stanleys vehicle, Stanley stated it was his, Stanley will get the charge. If i am in anything you own, house, car, boat, etc. and drop a bag of (enter random drug here) and don't confess that it's mine....by default it's yours because you own the house, car, boat, etc

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2017

Don't feel bad for either one of them. They knew exactly what they were doing and NP is one that thinks he is above it all and continues to display terrible behavior no matter how much he is punished. He is selfish and time for him to hit the road.