Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alabama Senator Nick Saban

KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's try to keep this between the lines of the question. Give me your % of write in votes for Nick Saban today as Senator of Alabama.

I'm gonna go a solid 1.5%

Comments

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL! Too funny. Put me down for 2.1%, he is Nick Saban after all.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod
    edited December 2017

I bet he gets more than 25% of the write in votes and 4.5% of the total votes. You've got to remember, Bear Bryant is still getting write in votes over there....

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

If Trey Hill had committed to AU yesterday he might be a U.S. Senator tomorrow, which might have been a factor in picking the Dawgs.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I bet he gets more than 25% of the write in votes and 4.5% of the total votes. You've got to remember, Bear Bryant is still getting write in votes over there....

Not sure that bringing his "process" to Congress wouldn't improve lots of things in DC. Hard to believe he'd make it worse than it already is.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Last thing we need in DC is another policy wonk. They already got them climbing in through the windows over there. Just somebody with some common sense is probably all we need. If I were in Alabama, I’d be willing to vote for Saban.

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I forget who it was. It was someone who knew Nick pretty well, maybe a biographer or something. They said he was destined to be great, he just happened to have a path to football. If his path leaned more towards corporate America, he would have been a major CEO.

TBH I think "the process" is much more needed in DC than Tuscaloosa, come on nick, take your talents to Washington!

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do we have Nick's results?

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@texdawg said:
    Do we have Nick's results?

The write in total was 22,000 votes. That's 1.6%. We will find out exactly Nicks portion in the coming days because of a new Alabama law that requires write ins to be counted and sorted.

There's a good chance this decided the election last night.