Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Black Jersey

dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m not sure if there has been a discussion about this, why don’t we wear the black jerseys? Every recruit takes their OV pics in the black jerseys and everyone seems to like them. I thought we were going to wear them this season, what gives? It seems to be the hype Jersey and I thought maybe they were saving them for a big game, but I feel as if they aren’t wearing them this year.

Comments

• Options
    Sooner_AlumniSooner_Alumni Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I actually love Georgia’s uniforms. Black always looks good but it’s over done.

I wouldn’t mess with such a classic look that Georgia has.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

Fake juice lol

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnation7 said:
    I’m not sure if there has been a discussion about this, why don’t we wear the black jerseys?

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this board. Just go back to October posts and you can get your hearts content of opinions and speculation on the black jerseys. Lots of us are sick of that discussion. Bottom line- we can win in red, or white, or black. Jersey has nothing to do with winning even if recruits like the black and a potion of the fans do as well.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@insertusernamehere said:

@dawgnation7 said:
    I’m not sure if there has been a discussion about this, why don’t we wear the black jerseys?

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this board. Just go back to October posts and you can get your hearts content of opinions and speculation on the black jerseys. Lots of us are sick of that discussion. Bottom line- we can win in red, or white, or black. Jersey has nothing to do with winning even if recruits like the black and a potion of the fans do as well.

Amen. Thanks for saving me the time it would take to this topic plus I can't spell nauseum.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m glad this didn’t happen as it would be all the talk on here today.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a superstitious guy and commented last night about the white jerseys. May be wrong but I think we won last season SEC title and Rose Bowl in white and lost Natty, LSU, SECC and Sugar in red. I know it’s not always a choice on the uni but I wanted to see the whites

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe that’s what Kirby “lied” to Justin about!

Pablo - “He lied and said we would wear black this year”.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:
    I’m a superstitious guy and commented last night about the white jerseys. May be wrong but I think we won last season SEC title and Rose Bowl in white and lost Natty, LSU, SECC and Sugar in red. I know it’s not always a choice on the uni but I wanted to see the whites

Cause u racist (jk) lol

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:

@orlando said:

Cause u racist (jk) lo

Shoot, I like the black jerseys too, wish they broke’em out more.

• Options
    BrandonD21BrandonD21 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

once a year, just let us wear an alternate once a year and EVERYONE is happy. I love every uniform we wear as long as you don't have us out there looking like red power rangers with red everything again. you gotta have some contrast lol

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We should've worn them in the Sugar Bowl. Fake juice is better than no juice.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GrayDawg said:

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@GrayDawg said:

This obsession with black shirts and black outs may last longer than the cockroach has lasted on earth.