Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anyone else notice that DawgNation took down the article about...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listening to Jeff today it seemed that Justin would be a late round pick (30th?). That doesn't provide a good income and would take a very long time to make the majors if ever. His passion is BB but his career potential is much much higher in FB. As a late round pick he could still enroll at UGA with minimal summer commitments to BB

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the reason they moved Fields to #1 was Lawrence was already committed and was pretty quiet as far as a media presence goes. However the Fields story was blowing up all over the place. So you bump Fields up a little in your rankings, call him #1 and it makes your newsprint a little more dramatic and maybe sells a little better.

After Fields committed and his story died down, they moved him back to #2.

But the distance between the rankings of Fields and Lawrence is so minute, it’s really even silly to call one of them #1 and the other #2. But such is the regular custom in our great nation...

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson I’m not up on all the ins and outs. But just from a 10,000 foot bird’s eye view, yeah. That thing about keeping his options open. From what I know about it, it sounds like playing baseball keeps his options open and that’s why I imagine it’s in his best interest.

But I also don’t think it was in his best interest to sign with a school where he was one year behind an elite quarterback who’s already starting. And apparently Justin didn’t agree with me on that issue, so... I’ll just wait and see what Justin decides.

It would be interesting to know how much influence Kirby has over the situation.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven’t seen any projection that has him going in the top 10 rounds.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate