Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nolan Smith

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited June 2019 in General

About this time last year, we kept hearing about Nolan Smith's friend trying to get him to go to Clemson. That talk seems to have died. I sincerely hope that it stays dead as he is going to be playing on Sundays someday and is going to have a stellar college career as a DAWG.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think Smith will stay a Dawg and be the leader of his class like Lecointe and Fields were for the last two classes.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember that well. Everyone was talking Xavier Thomas in his ear about clemson and how he was really looking that way. However, recently more than one recruit has mentioned how Nolan has really been the biggest recruiter for UGA. One even mentioned how the UGA coaches acknowledged it. I think this past season put all that to rest. Lets win the East, beat bama in the SECCG, and go to the playoffs again. Then the 2019 class will really explode.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the best news that I have heard in some time! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    britishdawgbritishdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

He'll still take his visits, much like Haselwood, but based off everything that we've heard recently, Smith seems pretty locking into UGA which is great news. I think Thomas and the Clemson staff played a fair strategy before last year by indicating that UGA couldn't win and if he wanted championships, he should be a Tiger.

This season kind of put an end to that narrative which is great. Everything I've ever read about Nolan suggests that he's a really thoughtful guy who loves his home state but he does want to win, so this past season was important. He's been in town quite a few times in the last 6 months and it looks like the coaches are rightly getting him more involved in the program and the19 recruiting efforts which is great. The guy seems like a natural leader on and off the field and you love having those guys in your program.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:
    About this time last year, we kept hearing about Nolan Smith's friend trying to get him to go to Clemson. That talk seems to have died. I sincerely hope that it stays dead as he is going to be playing on Sundays someday and is going to have a stellar college career as a DAWG.

People will ALWAYS be trying to get players to flip, we do it, everybody does it.
    The only way a recruit can avoid it is to stop talking and stop listening.
    Apparently even the firmly committed guys like the attention though.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Seems like he’s turning into the RLC3 lite version which I love

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

@Kasey said:
    Seems like he’s turning into the RLC3 lite version which I love

maybe not even "lite"!

• Options
    dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The kid loves Georgia and calls it home every time he comes back. He has a unbelievable talent and wanted to win. UGA delivered so i think he stays at UGA.