Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What If Nick Saban Was The Coach At Georgia The Past 10 Years?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wayxdawg4everWayxdawg4ever Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

@dawgdude65 said:
    I hate to be a sour ****, but UGA's tight ass administration will never hire a coach like Saban. They are to cheap to come off the hip to pay that kind of money to a coach. That is the reason they hired Kirby now instead of letting him get the experience and then costing them big money later. Now they can control it a little bit, but others will come calling it they try to keep him for cheap.

No offense taken DawgDude (awesome nickname). But my question was hypothetical. Second the price hike the administration just approved was not to cover expenses of current upgrades...it’s to cover what is anticipated in the next 5 years. Those days of being conservative are over. Winning trumps EVERYTHING.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let’s be real, it wasn’t the history at Bama that brought the kids in. It was Saban and maybe even a tribute to Smart now looking at things. No kids were really looking at Bama until Saban walked in the door. If you gave Saban a state like Texas, California, and Georgia. He would easily won a couple more titles than he won at Bama. If you gave him a city like Austin or Athens. He would have anybody he wanted. So I would say he would have won just as many if he was in Georgia. I also would think Deshaun Watson would have been at Georgia, and Clemson would not have risen to power in college football. So there is a lot to look at here when talking about it.

• Options
    Wayxdawg4everWayxdawg4ever Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

@dbrown7494 said:
    Let’s be real, it wasn’t the history at Bama that brought the kids in. It was Saban and maybe even a tribute to Smart now looking at things. No kids were really looking at Bama until Saban walked in the door. If you gave Saban a state like Texas, California, and Georgia. He would easily won a couple more titles than he won at Bama. If you gave him a city like Austin or Athens. He would have anybody he wanted. So I would say he would have won just as many if he was in Georgia. I also would think Deshaun Watson would have been at Georgia, and Clemson would not have risen to power in college football. So there is a lot to look at here when talking about it.

My man!!!

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I still think if Saban was at USC, Texas A&M or Texas he would have his pick. Just because there are other Power 5 programs doesn’t mean there are not 2 or 3 that stand above the rest. When you talk to kids from California and Texas they talk about Longhorns, Trojans, and aggies. He wouldn’t have a problem with any of those schools despite other power 5 schools.