Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Good win for the Hoop Dawgs

greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A good win tonight over a ranked Vols team. Fox and the team have responded well this week, and we are back on the bubble - maybe. Meanwhile, the Vols message boards are likely making threats again. #Rockytopsucks

Comments

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2018

Probably in.??? Dawgs starting to look like they did early in the season. Yante Maten dominating again! Great back to back SEC wins. Don't want to get my hopes up.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    A good win tonight over a ranked Vols team. Fox and the team have responded well this week, and we are back on the bubble - maybe. Meanwhile, the Vols message boards are likely making threats again. #Rockytopsucks

How ‘bout them Dawgs? Still painful to watch on offense but they had good effort. Doesn’t seem like they’ve given up on the season nor has Fox lost control of the team. Crazier things have happened than us somehow sneaking into the tournament.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:

I'm proud of the players, but Fox only responded when he knew winning was the only possible chance to save his job, he should be fired PERIOD.

Fox has had 9 seasons and he's had the program ranked in the top 25 a grand total of 1 week, McGarity's mind should have been irrevocably made up a month ago, Fox should be coaching his final games at UGA.

@andrews1253 said:
    Probably in.??? Dawgs starting to look like they did early in the season. Yante Maten dominating again! Great back to back SEC wins. Don't want to get my hopes up.

I hope fans aren't willing to let Fox off the hook based on a couple of games where he was desperately trying to save his job.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Or maybe the kids are starting to buy in? Turning a corner? Don’t have to toe tag mark fox just yet

@Kasey said:
    Or maybe the kids are starting to buy in? Turning a corner? Don’t have to toe tag mark fox just yet

Then you'll buy anything.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here’s what’s going to happen... if Mark Fox some how manages to make the tournament he will keep his job. If he doesn’t, he will be handed a pink slip.

edited February 2018

@brentwilson said:
    Here’s what’s going to happen... if Mark Fox some how manages to make the tournament he will keep his job. If he doesn’t, he will be handed a pink slip.

I think and hope the decision to move on has already been made.
    Is desperately scratching to make the bottom of a 64 team field really what we aspire to ?

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the problem with Georgia basketball has more to do with a lack of talent than with it's coaching. I don't think CMF is coaching better out of desperation, our players have hit a few more shots and we have matched up better with recent teams. Don't feel like his fate has been decided yet, but team going on a tear and finishing strong would have to help his chances of keeping job.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

I think and hope the decision to move on has already been made.
    Is desperately scratching to make the bottom of a 64 team field really what we aspire to ?

i agree... if Auburn and Alabama can do it we should too

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have to admit they’ve looked good recently. BUT Fox has GOT to win the games you’re suppose to win along with several upsets.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Season begins in the tournament.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eight years with Coach Fox and it’s the same old UGA BB team. 18-20 wins, lose in SEC Tournament then an invite to “the other” year-end Tournament. Fox seems like a fine person and I wish him well, but to get to the KY, UNC, Duke, etc. level we need a significant upgrade. Otherwise, status quo!

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope they finish strong and do well in tourney but with all the stuff going on in college ball right now, may be best to keep Fox until the chit hits the fan.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

Then you'll buy anything.

Everybody has a price as ted dibiase would say

edited February 2018

@coastaldawg said:
    I think the problem with Georgia basketball has more to do with a lack of talent than with it's coaching. I don't think CMF is coaching better out of desperation, our players have hit a few more shots and we have matched up better with recent teams. Don't feel like his fate has been decided yet, but team going on a tear and finishing strong would have to help his chances of keeping job.

Fox is a horrible offensive coach who runs a scheme that has NEVER won a college championship and only won in The NBA with MJ, Pippin, Kobe and Shaq.
    Fox cannot teach kids how to play the game...period.

@orlando said:
    Hope they finish strong and do well in tourney but with all the stuff going on in college ball right now, may be best to keep Fox until the chit hits the fan.

Are you suggesting the gambling probe might free up some good coaches ?
    I would think any coaches made available by this scandal would be known cheaters or even criminals.
    If you're thinking this scandal will somehow make Fox more successful, dream on.

@PlayHurt said:
    Have to admit they’ve looked good recently. BUT Fox has GOT to win the games you’re suppose to win along with several upsets.

The man has had 9 years, the notion he all of a sudden gets it seems like wishful thinking.
    At this point he is what his record suggests he is.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fox definitely needs to go but the timing needs to be good. If this scandal deal is as big as what the reports are who knows what coach or coaches will be available when smoke clears.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was looking at it from the other side. I would be overly cautious about who I hired until the dust settles for fear that we bring in someone who gets taken down in the whole thing.