Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why does Mark Fox appear to be the only one "disgusted"?

Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have you noticed that CMF is getting a lot of national media exposure with his comments on the latest revelations detailing what we have been suspecting all along about corruption in the upper echelons of college basketball? Arizona coach Andy Miller on an FBI wiretap working out details with an agent on buying a top HS recruit. While CMF states that he is "disgusted" and puts the blame squarely on the coaches and their schools, it has been very interesting watching some of the top coaches from the BB powerhouses in their interviews and press conferences. To me they almost all look very uncomfortable even discussing this matter. Instead of showing any disgust, they pretty much all spout out some jibberish about not commenting on an ongoing investigation which sounds like something their lawyer prepared for them all the while looking like their dog just died. Some act surprised by all this and some say they "feel sorry" for Coach Miller. Very strange reactions. I can't help but believe that we are about to see the sports world rocked like never before as we see more names exposed. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trying to save his job, nothing more

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Red_N_Black said:
    Have you noticed that CMF is getting a lot of national media exposure with his comments on the latest revelations detailing what we have been suspecting all along about corruption in the upper echelons of college basketball? Arizona coach Andy Miller on an FBI wiretap working out details with an agent on buying a top HS recruit. While CMF states that he is "disgusted" and puts the blame squarely on the coaches and their schools, it has been very interesting watching some of the top coaches from the BB powerhouses in their interviews and press conferences. To me they almost all look very uncomfortable even discussing this matter. Instead of showing any disgust, they pretty much all spout out some jibberish about not commenting on an ongoing investigation which sounds like something their lawyer prepared for them all the while looking like their dog just died. Some act surprised by all this and some say they "feel sorry" for Coach Miller. Very strange reactions. I can't help but believe that we are about to see the sports world rocked like never before as we see more names exposed. What do you think?

CORRECTION: The Arizona coach is Sean Miller. Andy Miller (no relation) is head of the agency ASM Sports .

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not sure, but it feels like he broke a “bro code” of some sort.

• Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:

That's my take, too. The pervasiveness of the cheating (in terms of numbers of teams and number of years) and the "not surprised" reaction from basketball insiders pretty much indicates the long-time "don't ask...don't tell" code of the entire sport and its industry. It's sad really. Everyone related to the sport (including so-called basketball journalists and reporters) is so afraid of exposing the corruption and telling the truth because they've all been eating from the same gravy train for years....or they're cheating themselves.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Trying to save his job, nothing more

Yep, it's like a politician saying America is great when he or she is in trouble. Say something everybody agrees with to divert attention away from their own failings.
    Coach Fox is in trouble because he can't instill the ability to run his overly contrived offense into players and he can't consistently inspire players to perform well in general.
    All of this leads to the bottom line, which is a 9 year record of underperforming.
    It's not like anybody stole his coaching ability.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MinnesotaDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

That's my take, too. The pervasiveness of the cheating (in terms of numbers of teams and number of years) and the "not surprised" reaction from basketball insiders pretty much indicates the long-time "don't ask...don't tell" code of the entire sport and its industry. It's sad really. Everyone related to the sport (including so-called basketball journalists and reporters) is so afraid of exposing the corruption and telling the truth because they've all been eating from the same gravy train for years....or they're cheating themselves.

No doubt those who benefit from the game have stakes in it's continued success.
    On the other hand it's not like Holyweird being quiet about Harvey Swine-stein's arse grabbing.
    If you having heard many stories about the filthy AAU racket and it's influence on recruiting, you've been asleep, or at least not paying attention.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How anyone who watched how the North Carolina Basketball scandal was handled by the NCAA could be surprised is a mystery to me.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@oldon42 said:
    How anyone who watched how the North Carolina Basketball scandal was handled by the NCAA could be surprised is a mystery to me.

The NCAA has been and continues to be a joke - a self-aggrandizing and money making machine,.

• Options
    gamakaigamakai Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

@donm said:

@oldon42 said:

The NCAA has been and continues to be a joke - a self-aggrandizing and money making machine,.

Hey this about college bb not Trump

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We talk a lot about us not having a “basketball” tradition. Fox has been trying to recruit from our state for years now and keeps losing players to many of the schools being named in the FBI probe. How does one build a tradition over 9 years (or even 40 years) if the surrounding programs are dropping $50,000 to $100,000 to take our recruits? I’d be disgusted, too. Meanwhile, AJ Green and Gurley sit out four games for infractions of $500 or less. What a joke.