Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

This is sick and ridiculous ....geez

2»

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like everyone else, I wonder why it took so long for us to hear about it? And naturally, one can't help but wonder if there is a lot more to this story than we are hearing. I certainly hope not, though. And how in the world can one be so incredibly ****? He had a great job, most people would kill to have, and was willing to throw it all away. What ashame!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@Silver_Britches said:
    Like everyone else, I wonder why it took so long for us to hear about it? And naturally, one can't help but wonder if there is a lot more to this story than we are hearing. I certainly hope not, though. And how in the world can one be so incredibly ****? He had a great job, most people would kill to have, and was willing to throw it all away. What ashame!

history books are full of sick people who apparently have it all and decide to throw it away.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Strange and unfortunate incident. I'm sure that recruiters from other schools are going to try and spin this to use against us on parents concerned with sending their kids off to college, might have some effect on overprotective parents. Hopefully doesn't hurt us in recruiting.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:
    Strange and unfortunate incident. I'm sure that recruiters from other schools are going to try and spin this to use against us on parents concerned with sending their kids off to college, might have some effect on overprotective parents. Hopefully doesn't hurt us in recruiting.

I don’t think that negative recruiting is what we should be worried about in this situation.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

I don’t think that negative recruiting is what we should be worried about in this situation.

Trying to pick your brain here, what is it that you think we should be worried about with this situation?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jarred_buck said:

@BoroDawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

Trying to pick your brain here, what is it that you think we should be worried about with this situation?

Not sure we have anything to be worried about with this situation. It may be used by other schools in negative recruiting (most likely will be used) but I don't see it affecting top level recruits all that much. The school dropped the guy like a hot potato and he's no longer around to do his thing. Plus, most of these recruits are pretty hard nosed types, I assume. They may not be bothered at all by the situation. Can't say for sure it won't have some effect, but I'm feeling it wont.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@jarred_buck said:

@BoroDawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

Not sure we have anything to be worried about with this situation. It may be used by other schools in negative recruiting (most likely will be used) but I don't see it affecting top level recruits all that much. The school dropped the guy like a hot potato and he's no longer around to do his thing. Plus, most of these recruits are pretty hard nosed types, I assume. They may not be bothered at all by the situation. Can't say for sure it won't have some effect, but I'm feeling it wont.

I am in complete agreement with you!

• Options
    ReelLifeDawg843ReelLifeDawg843 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

@andrews1253 said:
    Gut punch in an otherwise exciting time tor Georgia fans. Now we will listen to jabs from other fan bases. Something like the pot calling the kettle black.

UGA moved so quickly, hopefully it’ll fly under the radar. I was thinking the same thing when I heard. Other fans already love to hate us, this jerk didn’t help

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ReelLifeDawg843 said:

@andrews1253 said:
    Gut punch in an otherwise exciting time tor Georgia fans. Now we will listen to jabs from other fan bases. Something like the pot calling the kettle black.

UGA moved so quickly, hopefully it’ll fly under the radar. I was thinking the same thing when I heard. Other fans already love to hate us, this jerk didn’t help

Actually I had already forgotten about this until the thread got bumped.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ReelLifeDawg843 said:

@andrews1253 said:

Truly !! Goooo Dawgs. Hater gin' hate.