Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It's past time for the game to get off Tiger Woods' back...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was called the favorite to win this Masters for only 1 reason, to drive up interest.
It's going on 5 years where media has put pressure on the man when it's clear he is simply not THAT person anymore.
He looks in absolute misery on the course right now.
We didn't put this pressure on Jack or Arnold after they'd declined, let the man breathe for gosh sake.

Any honest appraisal of this field would have had Speith as the favorite coming in, but there's little in the way of honesty in the way Tiger is being exploited.

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

Tiger made 100’s of millions of dollars due to said exploitation.

He also started his downward spiral due to too many on their backs.

• Options

@bmauldin said:
    Tiger made 100’s of millions of dollars due to said exploitation.

He also started his downward spiral due to too many on their backs.

All true, so is my contention that he's not a circus freak.
    Just stop already.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dude’s worth over 700 mill, he’lll get no sympathy from me.

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

His choice to play or not. Ya really think media circus will end???? Got nothing to do with Arnie or Jack...

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tiger has had both a great and terrible life. I am glad to see he is once again becoming a contender and getting himself healthy.

The only thing that makes me shake my head is his yacht.

It is so large that only commercial ports can dock it, yet he named it “Privacy”. The enormity of that ship is far from private.

• Options

@Reeldawg said:
    Tiger has had both a great and terrible life. I am glad to see he is once again becoming a contender and getting himself healthy.

The only thing that makes me shake my head is his yacht.

It is so large that only commercial ports can dock it, yet he named it “Privacy”. The enormity of that ship is far from private.

I try to separate his fortune from what I see as basic fairness in how he's treated.
    How many billionaires live modestly, would any of us do so ?
    Also ''privacy'' might be having enough space on-board a boat to go to sea and be able to move around without being concerned with prying eyes and cameras.
    Imagine living a life where just walking into your yard subjected you to aggressive photographers and reporters.
    Where might you go to get away from that life ? a private island and a big ole boat might serve the purpose.

• Options

@andrews1253 said:
    His choice to play or not. Ya really think media circus will end???? Got nothing to do with Arnie or Jack...

Both Arnie and Jack played into their 60s, Palmer maybe into his 70s.
    It is a valid point that both were allowed to do so without constant exploitation.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

He gave me a $3 tip when I helped him check in to the hotel once. I don’t like him.

• Options

@Kasey said:
    He gave me a $3 tip when I helped him check in to the hotel once. I don’t like him.

Sure, what hotel was it ?

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

Sure, what hotel was it ?

The one I work at

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

Dear Golf God:

Please, let anybody other than this guy win the Green Jacket Sunday.

The next time I have a putt for Eagle on #8 or #12 at Willow Oaks Country Club, you can curse me again with another three putt.

Sincerely,
    Bobcat Grad
    Richmond, VA

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    Dear Golf God:

The next time I have a putt for Eagle on #8 or #12 at Willow Oaks Country Club, you can curse me again with another three putt.

Sincerely,
    Bobcat Grad
    Richmond, VA

Why don’t you like him?

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@BobcatGrad said:
    Dear Golf God:

Sincerely,
    Bobcat Grad
    Richmond, VA

Why don’t you like him?

Didn’t he start at UGA and get dismissed? And now he’s a ND fan?

• Options

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@Teddy said:

@BobcatGrad said:
    Dear Golf God:

Sincerely,
    Bobcat Grad
    Richmond, VA

Why don’t you like him?

Didn’t he start at UGA and get dismissed? And now he’s a ND fan?

Yep. Finished at Augusta state

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reed is a great golfer as he has shown today. I simply find him a bit arrogant in terms of golf etiquette. He was expelled from UGA.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/sports/college/georgia-bulldogs/why-uga-fans-really-dont-like-golfer-patrick-reed/85-536089918

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

20-19 ........bahahahahha!!!

• Options

@BobcatGrad said:
    Dear Golf God:

Sincerely,
    Bobcat Grad
    Richmond, VA

I know why you feel that way, at least I assume it's the bad blood with UGA.
    My disgust is he is a professional athlete who is 30lb overweight, lazy fat athletes disgust me.