Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2019 QB

Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After reading Jeff's latest intel piece, does UGA bring in a graduate transfer for QB depth? Or do y'all think Bennett gives a good enough look where they're okay potentially not taking a QB in '19?

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doubt they have room for a grad transfer as they are still over the limit as of today

Benton seems to be qb3

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

We will take a QB in 2019. He may not be highly regarded but we will take one for sure

• Options
    PoundCakePoundCake Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

@Acrum21 said:
    After reading Jeff's latest intel piece, does UGA bring in a graduate transfer for QB depth? Or do y'all think Bennett gives a good enough look where they're okay potentially not taking a QB in '19?

Grad Transfer QBs typically only go to schools with immediate playing time

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

@Acrum21 said:

Another Lambert 2.0, I say no

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

Like Jeff Sentel has been saying, Georgia's 2019 QB recruit isn't even in the CB's at either Rivals, or 24/7 Sports for UGA yet. Kirby, Chaney & Co will sign one, & I feel pretty certain he (whoever he turns out to be?) will probably be a 4 star recruit, or yes possibly a 3 star. But hey, what do I know? It's "Sentell's Intel" I'm getting (& repeating it to y'all), so that's almost like I cheated, because he does all the work. He gets the real scoop when it's "real". He's not worried, so why should I? GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    edited April 2018

@cliffhanger said:
    3 star? What is that?

@cliffhanger You are correct sir. I suppose that it's from another language these days in Athens. But the BEST example that I can think of in the last decade (or so)??? Probably the 3 star LB Justin Houston - UGA got him in 2007, & by 2010 he was a FIRST TEAM All SEC, & FIRST TEAM All American too (current NFL'er & 4 time PRO bowl selection from KC) who was one of those types. Y'all can look it up. That is what I did. He turned out to be one of the best ever DGD's. Sometimes? They are simply amazing!

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cliffhanger said:
    3 star? What is that?

A good player that needs coaching. Like a Geno or Davis....

On another note I believe they find a late bloomer and get them on board.

• Options
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PoundCake said:

@Acrum21 said:

Grad Transfer QBs typically only go to schools with immediate playing time

I mentioned the angle of a grad transfer possibly coming in to start training for a future as a coach.
    It would be a bargain for both parties.
    I'm surprised it's not the thing yet.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama has a 4 star QB commit and no reasonable chance he'll play any time soon, as does Clemson. I think Oklahoma qualifies as well (it has a 2019 4 star QB commit). There is no reason that UGA shouldn't make a push on a 4 star QB. There are a few out there that look good and are trending toward lesser teams. Grant Gunnell of TX is one. Kirby is interested in Louisville commit Jayden Johnson. These are the Pro(PP)ls. Of the Duals likely a flip of Clemson commit Taisun Phommachanh would be needed, although Grant Tisdale am Ol Miss commit would do as well, except he doesn't have a UGA offer per 247.
    If UGA gets a Pro style this year, I would offer (my current thing) Justin Fomby a Preferred Walk On position. He is listed as a Dual (at least one place), but he is tall.

https://hudl.com/profile/6242110/Justin-Fomby