Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Mike Soroka is the best looking starting pitching prospect in Atl. since the big 3...

2»

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@coastaldawg said:
    Another young starting pitcher, Sean Newcomb shut out the Mets for 7 innings tonight, Braves going to be in first place in the east in May for the first time in a long time.

This ump has the biggest strike zone I’ve ever seen.

You never saw Erik Gregg in the World Series when Livan Hernandez beat the Braves. Braves couldn’t reach the balls he calling strikes. Embarrassing.

It might have been in the playoffs.

• WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The youth and talent in the Braves organization right now is pretty exciting. Alcuna and Alvies are the real deal (still not sure why Alvies got so much less hype than a lot of other prospects but he's going to be special). Alcuna is about as sure a bet as you can get with a rookie. Now throw in the possibility of Machado coming to the ATL...I'm finally starting to think we can make some long deep, WS runs like the 90s...FINALLY!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018
    • Acuna and Albies
  • orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018

To get your first big league start in NY, Soroka was very relaxed and focused. These baby Braves are going to be fun to watch this season.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

@coastaldawg said:
    Another young starting pitcher, Sean Newcomb shut out the Mets for 7 innings tonight, Braves going to be in first place in the east in May for the first time in a long time.

You never saw Erik Gregg in the World Series when Livan Hernandez beat the Braves. Braves couldn’t reach the balls he calling strikes. Embarrassing.

Will never forget that game. Worst strike zone I've ever seen in a MLB game and in a playoff game to boot.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MODawg said:

@Bankwalker said:
    First Braves game I have enjoyed on the tube in YEARS. I was amped up to see him pitch and he did not disapoint. Still have to find someone to man the hot corner if they will do anything this year.

Braves might be a player for Machado. Got a lot of talent in the minors and the Orioles are going nowhere fast

The only way Liberty Media would pony up for Machado is if their bean counters think he would add more to their market value than his above average salary.
    The Braves are nothing more than a commodity to them.

@WildDawg said:
    The youth and talent in the Braves organization right now is pretty exciting. Alcuna and Alvies are the real deal (still not sure why Alvies got so much less hype than a lot of other prospects but he's going to be special). Alcuna is about as sure a bet as you can get with a rookie. Now throw in the possibility of Machado coming to the ATL...I'm finally starting to think we can make some long deep, WS runs like the 90s...FINALLY!

Albies didn't show any power potential coming up, that was what limited his ratings a bit.
    His 9 HRs make no sense other than the super ball they are using allows good contact hitters to go yard. Most eras he would be a 9 HR a SEASON player.

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

@coastaldawg said:

The Marlins series was The NL Championship, though they went on to win The WS.
    That Hernandez game was so bad I still think Gregg was paid off.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@WildDawg said:

Albies didn't show any power potential coming up, that was what limited his ratings a bit.
    His 9 HRs make no sense other than the super ball they are using allows good contact hitters to go yard. Most eras he would be a 9 HR a SEASON player.

Really

@WCDawg said:

@WildDawg said:

Your super ball theory doesn't explain why larger players aren't hitting more HR than Ablies. He, like Altuve, supposedly has incredible eye-hand coordination plus he is super strong according to reports. Don't let height fool you.