Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Can Someone With 247 VIP Access help

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

if anyone has 247 vip, can you please tell me the 5 prospects in this article
https://georgia.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Five-prospects-where-UGA-could-beat-the-Crystal-Ball-118440010

Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@levander said:
    If someone with access can tell you, I hope they post.

But me thinks you’ve been lured in by the promise of bait titles... 247 is a junk site with not much more than clickbait stories they charge you for.

Just follow Jeff Sentell on this site. There’s actual thought that goes into his articles. You’d be better informed. And you’d learn more about the kids’ stories than just who everyone guesses they’ll they’ll sign with.

I’ll also add he keeps it real on these guys too.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018

@BrettGarr why the downvote??

@AgDawg thanks!!

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got 247 access and that article could have been wrote by me, nothing useful in it

• Options

@levander said:

But me thinks you’ve been lured in by the promise of bait titles... 247 is a junk site with not much more than clickbait stories they charge you for.

Just follow Jeff Sentell on this site. There’s actual thought that goes into his articles. You’d be better informed. And you’d learn more about the kids’ stories than just who everyone guesses they’ll they’ll sign with.

Well said

• Options

@levander said:

I thought about cancelling 247 and trying rivals, any input about rivals?

• Options

And this by far is the best message board for UGA recruiting

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

@levander said:

Cancel 247 and follow Jeff instead. Give it awhile and see if you miss having a paid subscription. Rivals doesnt spam the internet as much as 247 does, so it’s possible it’s better. I don’t know. Jeff really does offer full blown coverage of everything that is UGA recruiting.

If you want wider coverage than just UGA football, I’d consider The Athletic. That site Seth from here just went to. Seth got an excellent reputation here and since leaving he’s made claims they don’t care about click count at his new site. And isn’t The Athletic cheaper than these other sites? Someone said it was $3/month.

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

@levander said:

I have rivals. It’s hit or miss as well. I think better than 247, but DawgNation format and message board is better, rivals has so many sub headings etc. good info and they have a few insiders I actually trust. And sometimes they explain more detail on various subject. Like for the whole Gibbs saga they explain in more detail what has gone on.

I still prefer Jeff Sentell just because he is more tactful and approaches things like a former athlete with his perspective and commentary.

• Options

The athletic gives you team news, not recruiting info just yet. And without ads that automatically redirect you to some spam site

• Options

I agree about dawgnation but I signed up for 247 and most of the articles are lazy or just obvious news

• Options

@dawgy10 said:
    I agree about dawgnation but I signed up for 247 and most of the articles are lazy or just obvious news

I would only sign up for Rusty's insider info. Although I feel like Jeff gives most of that anyway

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018

Again, & again, & again, then even again.... THE REAL STUFF??? It is RIGHT HERE Y'all!!!! Why waste any of your hard earned money?

• Options

@Kasey said:

@dawgy10 said:

I would only sign up for Rusty's insider info. Although I feel like Jeff gives most of that anyway

Rusty info isn't anything groundbreaking to me

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

@brentwilson said:
    https://georgia.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Five-prospects-where-UGA-could-beat-the-Crystal-Ball-118440010

Thank You!

1. Xavier Truss, 4* OT, 100% Penn State

2. Jammie Robinson, 3* DB, 75% USCe 25% Bama

3. Tyrique Stevenson, 4* DB, 100% Miami

4. Nakobe Dean, 5* LB, 30% Bama 30% Ole Miss 20% FSU 10% LSU 10% Foggy

5. John Emery Jr, 4* RB, 100% LSU

Thank you! This list was kind of suprising. The only ones on this list that I could see is beating is Jammie and MAYBE Dean.

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@AgDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

Thank You!

1. Xavier Truss, 4* OT, 100% Penn State

2. Jammie Robinson, 3* DB, 75% USCe 25% Bama

3. Tyrique Stevenson, 4* DB, 100% Miami

4. Nakobe Dean, 5* LB, 30% Bama 30% Ole Miss 20% FSU 10% LSU 10% Foggy

5. John Emery Jr, 4* RB, 100% LSU

Thank you! This list was kind of suprising. The only ones on this list that I could see is beating is Jammie and MAYBE Dean.

I think we have a fair shot with Stevenson and the 247 folks have really been talking up our chances with Emery Jr. They seem to think we're tied with LSU or maybe have the lead.

• Options

I could see Truss coming. I don't underestimate the Pitt boss and by the time the kid gets on campus, Andrew Thomas and Isaiah Wilson will be on their way out

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    I could see Truss coming. I don't underestimate the Pitt boss and by the time the kid gets on campus, Andrew Thomas and Isaiah Wilson will be on their way out

They get on campus and I’m betting on Pittman.

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Kasey said:

They get on campus and I’m betting on Pittman.

Apparently he's scheduled to be back on campus in June