Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tray Bishop

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mlee said:
    If the kid is found guilty I hope he learns from his immature mistake.. You got to treat women with respect..

And women have to treat themselves with respect, unless it’s rape sex is a two way street. Right?

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018

@BigDawgEatin said:

@mlee said:
    If the kid is found guilty I hope he learns from his immature mistake.. You got to treat women with respect..

And women have to treat themselves with respect, unless it’s rape sex is a two way street. Right?

Your comment, while true, is irrelevant to this situation. We have all seen hidden camera videos of some sort, though not necessarily **** ones. It is usually pretty obvious when one person doesnt know they are being recorded.

(Side note: the forum initially edited out the word s.t.e.a.m.y as inappropriate Weird.)

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BigDawgEatin said:

@mlee said:

Yes it takes two to tango but would she have danced if she knew it was going to be plastered all over the place? Nobody deserves that embarrassment.. Now if the story ends up being not true she deserves the same treatment Bishop is getting...

• Options
    MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@AndersonDawg said:
    Unfortunate. Kirby should investigate immediately and thoroughly and either back him fully if innocent or kick him off the team if guilty. And I don’t mean innocent due to a legal loophole or as part of a plea bargain. I mean they find out there is no tape. If there is a tape, dump him quickly. Think if it was your daughter, would you want him to continue to be a Dwag? I hope he is innocent but if not Auburn or FSU would be his likely next stop.

How do you know the video wasn't made just in case the female say that she was raped when she wasn't because things like that does happen you know. These are young men in college who have a lot of young ladies who loves being around them & things happen. Any young man in college can get in much trouble if a female shall say she was raped,sad but very true, so recording is the smart thing to do but he should have molded her also before recording what ever happened

• Options

Recording anything sexual between Bishop & the female was very smart on his part but not letting her know about the recording was his mistake. It is plenty of young athletes who get in trouble because a female have consensual sex and then go afterwards and say she was raped when she wasn't ( Reuben Foster) is the perfect example, sad but so true. Again he should have told her before recording giving her the choice also to decide if she would go forward with the act but let's not kill the young man for being in college being a young man

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@mlee said:

You both are saying the truth

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MyKeithbb09 said:
    How do you know the video wasn't made just in case the female say that she was raped when she wasn't because things like that does happen you know. These are young men in college who have a lot of young ladies who loves being around them & things happen. Any young man in college can get in much trouble if a female shall say she was raped,sad but very true, so recording is the smart thing to do but he should have molded her also before recording what ever happened

Bishop is alleged to have been showing the video around campus, if that is true, he will have a hard time claiming he made recording to protect himself. He made a couple of bad decisions in this whole affair.

• Options

@coastaldawg said:

@MyKeithbb09 said:

Bishop is alleged to have been showing the video around campus, if that is true, he will have a hard time claiming he made recording to protect himself. He made a couple of bad decisions in this whole affair.

You have a point in saying that & I do agree with what you said. I think he made the video for a just in case matter but I think being young & dump was the reason he showed others the video which is wrong especially to the young lady. It a mistake he will have to pay for but it's a mistake he can come back & learn from.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018

Basically this is not good at all. I certainly hope that this turns out as well as it can turn out, & either way the “right” thing happens. What that is? I’m not sure. I don’t know if he’s super guilty, or super innocent, or somewhere in the middle? Then again, I not the police investigators, nor the legal prosecutors for the state, nor his defense lawyer, etc, etc, etc... it’s just one u g l y story. I don’t even envy it being Chip Towers’ job to report it to us!

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rumor is floating that it may not have been a video tape as in hidden camera. I won’t go into further details of the rumor but it’s on 247 and this will have to play out. Either way it’s terrible optics, even if consensual. Should note 247 staff believes this will not result in him being kicked off the team.

If the woman involved has buyer’s remorse, but nothing criminal, that’s a tough lesson for all. If her privacy has been violated in a way deemed criminal, Bishop should be exited from team and school. It’s bad optics folks, plain and simple. Can’t compare something along these lines with those who frequent “holistic medicine”.

I think the words of coach Ditka here are fitting “Everyone will be treated fairly not equally.” That’s a direct way of saying, one’s troubles are only as good as the value they bring to the team. Not sure how much value he brings and if he’s worth the trouble.