Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA 2018 Track & Field Champions

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Anyone remember that WR from 2016 Garrett norton I think his name was? He picked the gators Over is bc they had the better track team. Whoops!

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was looking this up but couldn't remember his name @Kasey lol

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Impressive hammer throw by that Ga. athlete.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@Thelordjohnson said:
    I was looking this up but couldn't remember his name @Kasey lol

Grant Holloway.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MarkBoknecht said:
    Impressive hammer throw by that Ga. athlete.

Denzel Comenentia. Won the shot put too.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Head coach Petros Kyprianou. Good commentary on the meet here but April-May photos:

https://bulldawgillustrated.com/track-field-uga-men-win-first-national-championship/

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats to the track team ! Must have dominated the field events.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@orlando said:
    Congrats to the track team ! Must have dominated the field events.

20 points in hammer and shot and 10 in HJ.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is most unexpected, congratulations to the entire team.

• Options
    DuckDawgDuckDawg Posts: 48 ✭✭✭ Junior

I ran XC in high school and grew up loving Steve Prefontaine. After graduating from UGA in ‘13, I moved to Eugene, OR for two years (hence the name DuckDawg). I absolutely love track and field. Way to rep the Red and Black all the way in TRACKTOWN USA! Go DAWGS!!!

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DuckDawg said:
    I ran XC in high school and grew up loving Steve Prefontaine. After graduating from UGA in ‘13, I moved to Eugene, OR for two years (hence the name DuckDawg). I absolutely love track and field. Way to rep the Red and Black all the way in TRACKTOWN USA! Go DAWGS!!!

Fans make the heros.
    Back then decathletes and record holders at the mile distance were as famous as the great 100 meter ( yards then) runners were.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

You know to think about it? It really is kind of really, really incredible that the Men's team WON it all, & they are now the Track and Field National Champions!!! The women??? They kicked you know what also, & they came in 2nd place too!!!???!!! Pretty remarkable stuff!! GO DAWGS!!!