Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Makiya Tongue

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just CB'd by EJ Holland to the Dawgs. I suppose he's a heavy Texas lean, but coming off a visit to Athens. I believe I read we'd play him at WR

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Second CB just came in

• Options

Another CB to UGA, from a Texas insider

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe just means UGA has taken the lead with him... I see this guy as an ILB, so hopefully that doesn't mean we're falling behind on other targets, or perhaps current commits are wavering. Unless the staff likes him better than some of the higher ranked targets.

• Options

@Teddy said:
    Maybe just means UGA has taken the lead with him... I see this guy as an ILB, so hopefully that doesn't mean we're falling behind on other targets, or perhaps current commits are wavering. Unless the staff likes him better than some of the higher ranked targets.

I believe the staff wants to use him as a WR

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    Correct. The staff does see him as a different WR than what they have and would be adding in the 2019 class. Got to remember that Makiya has NFL bloodlines.

Don't see that reported a lot regarding this young man.

Jeff how do we pronounce his last name? I'm assuming tongue like normal. Or is it something like tongue-u, tongue-e, or tongue-way?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Texas best writer changed him CB pick over to Cloudy

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    Correct. The staff does see him as a different WR than what they have and would be adding in the 2019 class. Got to remember that Makiya has NFL bloodlines.

Don't see that reported a lot regarding this young man.

It'd be nice to have Tongue, Shilo, EJ, and Elijah all as UGA guys from NFL bloodlines.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Texas best writer changed him CB pick over to Cloudy

basically means he knows he’s a Dawg but doesn’t want to accept the truth lol