Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I've learned anything from Kirby the past 3 years it's don't doubt Kirby. Lots of time left but I have to admit that something doesn't seem right currently.

Lloyd is gone for now, lots of chatter with Milton and other schools, all Evan's talk points to him staying in Texas. Bigsby and McGowan may feel slighted unless staff has been on them hard behind the scenes.

Again, I'm not counting any of them out until they sign the letter but combined with what happened last year it just feels strange.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have to disagree, disappointment is normal missing on anyone, let alone an out of state kid.

The shocking part is simply the whiff on intel. SoFL and others do such a good job with it and have such a staggering success rate, it is legitimately shocking when a major target doesn’t pan out and there’s no upfront inkling that it’s happening.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Then I doubt you read the whole post. I think @SoFL_Dawg has very credible info. But I don't care how credible it is - I will rarely be shocked with a 17 year old's decision in regards to recruiting.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I don’t think it’s shocking from a macro level. But, it is USCe hitting on a national recruit, which is shocking. I think if it were to Maryland, maybe it’d be a little less.

Comments about recruiting being constantly in flux are spot on though.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg I did read the whole post but it was hardly necessary as the point of difference was in the first paragraph. You stated people shouldn’t be shocked losing an out of state kid. My point was the geographic location of the recruit is irrelevant in this case, the shock is related to the intel or lack thereof.

Thats the discernible difference and has nothing to do with our feelings on other posters. I’m confident we both respect and appreciate what he brings to the board.

• Options

I get what your're saying. I'm not suggesting that you are wrong for being shocked - we are just coming from it from different perspectives. Through my experiences I just don't find it shocking what kids eventually do in recruiting.

I don't think it's likely that Evans chooses Georgia - but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I'll admit, if Evans chose Louisiana Monroe - I'd be shocked.

Also, I'll be shocked if Georgia doesn't have a great class. But it won't shock me who the individual pieces are.

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So back to recruiting. Think Kirby has a counter commit coming after this announcement ? Would love a Gilbert commit. I know offensive guys don’t seem likely this early but would def ease the pain with Lloyd

• Options

Look people can down vote me for my comments or just disagree in general. But I don't mean to come across as controversial or a know it all --because I don't know it all.

These are my opinions.

I realize that my experiences in football give me a different point of view from most of you. Not necessarily a better point of view - but it is different.

• Options
    chattdawg27chattdawg27 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I doubt he has one planned, because this seems to be a HUGE surprise. Everyone on every board said Lloyd was all dawg, so I doubt Kirby saw this coming. If we have the amount of silents that’s being said I’m sure Kirby has one or two guys ready to make it public though, so that would be really nice right now.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Couldn’t figure out how to get rid of this old quote I hit on by accident.

Looks like we need to heat up talks with Tank and E.J. Smith, can see that being our RB class this year. Seems like all the 5 ⭐️ RBs talk about liking the idea of joining a deep backfield and seeing limited carries, but end up going somewhere that has an easier path to early playing time. I don’t have access to any kind of insider info, but seeing as we’ll have Zeus, Cook, and McIntosh (at least) coming back next year, I think Milton ends up going to Ohio St., but wouldn’t be surprised if Dell proves me wrong. I think we’ll be in position to sign one of the top RBs in 2020 class.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pitch is probably "Come to South Carolina and you can be a program changer", or something along that.

• Options
    chattdawg27chattdawg27 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg with Lloyd going to the Gamecocks, do you think McGowan might still be in the mix for the dawgs? Also do you think Lloyd committing to Gamecocks makes Tank back off of them & possibly become 2nd back UGA brings in? I know Milton is most likely #1 priority right now.

• Options

I understand what you're saying but look at the whole picture.

USCjr is not at Georgia's level - never has been. But it is definitely a legitimate program that will play a great schedule in front of huge crowds. And their new facilities are supposedly incredible

He may have really hit it off with a certain coach - who knows.

Yes we have a great line, yes we put backs into the NFL and yes some backs like our RB by committee philosophy.

But some of these backs want to be the lead Dawg. Maybe Lloyd wanted to be a Dawg but didn't want to come in with another top ranked RB. The idea sounds great to us - but it may not go over with all these backs.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

I doubt it was a huge surprise to Kirby. As regard to everyone on every board, it's like with CBs. One "expert" makes a pick and then 6 others think that he must know something and they put in a pick too. Then everyone thinks it's a foregone conclusion that that's where he is going. After all he just got 7 CB in a day or two so it must be true. Kirby may have known for a month or more that Lloyd was not coming. He, in fact, may have been the one to tell him to look elsewhere; Kirby doesn't rely on this or any other board for his recruiting info!

This discussion has been closed.