Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    There's nothing against croots committing during a dead period is there?
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Maybe none, if spots are truly that tight.  The class size is something that we’re not going to have a real grasp on until maybe Dec.  Even then, I don’t think anyone has correctly guessed class size this far out in previous years.  Too many variables here.

If I had to guess I would say DL and DB are first to get additional spot.

On DL I think a 6 man line could look:  Carter, Burroughs, Cowan, Burch, Walker, & Brinson.  Potential NT, 3 DTs (3-5T), 2 Edge

On DB I think a 4 man class could look:  Kimber, Ringo, Williams, and Mcglothern/Green-Warren/Thompson/Branch/Joseph.  Heard conflicting info on how Joseph’s number impacts the class so I’m unsure there.
  • Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No, Ohio state is expected to get 5-8 commitments in the next 3/4 weeks
  • Options
    Sorry Teddy, didn’t see you’re post as I was typing.  Could’ve just UV what you wrote. 
  • Options
    fibonaccisquaredfibonaccisquared Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

"On DL I think a 6 man line could look: Carter, Burroughs, Cowan, Burch, Walker, & Brinson. Potential NT, 3 DTs (3-5T), 2 Edge"

Thought he was supposedly a HUGE qualification risk per chatter a month or two ago... was that off-base or has anything changed on that front?

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Pickens was a significant risk to not qualify and got in recently.  Too soon to say someone isn’t going to qualify when their senior year has yet to start.  He will not be an EE is the only thing we can definitively say at this time.
  • Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It really depends on who leaves. For instance if we lose 3-4 DB over and above McGhee and Reed it may well be another DB (unless we get Nadab). If not it could be an additional WR. FWIW I didn't have any ILB in my mock and when AO flipped I added Sewell for a total of 1.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To piggyback off @Teddy @SoFlaDAWG and @Denmen185 .....

5 OL with majority of each having the ability to play any spot on the OL (1 maybe just interior 3). No need for a 6th as this could be a complete depth unit from day 1 on campus for 2020.

I think it means two things, 1 could be they feel a bigger need is at DL or DB depth, as mentioned, with both potentially being hit with attrition.

Or, numbers are as tight as once reported being a 22-23 man class, the staff might be able to squeeze it to 24 now.

• Options
    Wednesday is his birthday......
  • Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Rivals also reporting they think clemson leads for flowe tfwiw
  • Options
    NCDawg4NCDawg4 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    @Iwantkendall are those highly educated guesses, or something a little more?
  • Options
    Just reading tea leaves @NCDawg4 😏. Timelines can change tho 
This discussion has been closed.