Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hand time of 4.6 is pretty off but at 270, that’s moving.  His shuttle speed will be much better than 40 time; that’s where he’s elite.  Short burst/explosive not top end speed (still fast to be that heavy though).
  • Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    4.46 is flying. 5th ⭐️ Coming soon?👀👀
  • Options
    Tyrique Stevenson esq.
  • Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you sir! Look s very similar to earlier numbers. That short shuttle is close to Nakobe’s who’s best physical trait is his agility Andy who is much smaller

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    So with Washington & Gilbert being more like WRs and less like TEs (reason they are athletes imo) what exactly do they need to see from the offense this year? Their has never been anyone like them at UGA and honestly both will be early picks in the NFL Draft in 3 years bc they fit the NFL game perfectly. I guess what I’m trying to say is all I’m hearing about both these guys is they have to “wait and see” what the offense looks like this year, but imo we can’t do anything like what we would do with them to try to replicate it in game. We don’t throw to TEs enough as it is in a normal year, and we don’t have the horses this year to be putting multiple TEs in the game and have them go out for passes. I see both Gilbert and Washington as guys you can line up at TE or in the slot and then move them around to isolate a mismatch and/or expose coverage. We don’t have any guys that can line up and do that on the roster currently, so I don’t know how we are going to be able to actually show them anything, and if that’s what they are waiting to see, then they might as well be committing elsewhere bc we aren’t gonna show them what they want in 2019. Now I don’t think that either of these guys are THAT stubborn, just trying to illustrate the point that I don’t think it’s gonna be as much about how we use the TEs this year as it is gonna be about how much we COULDN’T use the TEs because we didn’t have guys like Gilbert and Washington. I think the lack of TE production will benefit us in this situation. Kind of like the flop of a 2016 season gave us the #3 Class because a lot of those guys saw how much they were needed. If we get Gilbert & Washington idk how Fromm passes up that opportunity and instead goes Pro where he’ll be riding the bench until Brady retires (yes I’m hinting at him going to the Patriots) (and yes I hope I’m wrong).
  • Options
    We could have gronk and Hernandez before stuff it the fan 2.0 next year. 

Ps: if anyone has vip 247 might want to check out kipps latest article, very heartwarming stuff
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
    In general just seeing mismatches created through the offense.  Just more of a deliberate focal point based on advantages they’ll provide.  Flexed out wide, middle screens, motions were all part of what Coley did in Miami.  We’ll probably see some of that here.  Both of these guys will play at 250+ with Washington probably close to 260 because of his height.
  • Options
    NCDawg4NCDawg4 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is Kimber weight in officially at 165 a concern? Seems small in terms of weight, or is it a situation where Sinclair will take care of it

• Options
    BengalDawgBengalDawg Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @dgd829 I think both will be looking at formations and play calling more than targets. Easy to see and show where a player was put in a position to succeed even if they ultimately don’t. 100% agreed Woerner and Wolf aren’t Washington and Gilbert
  • Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The first part of this makes a lot of sense in terms of how they would use these TEs (maybe not Fromm to the Pats as they just used a 4th rounder on Stidham - but you never know with Belichick).

Reminds me of Beck's comments on Gilbert in this clip from this Spring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhE60SPbxhA

It's possible he came up with the "use him like Gronk...Both (playing him at WR & TE)" analogy on his own, but also sounds like something he may have heard from the staff, too (?).

If so - would assume they're pitching this type of TE usage in their scheme to all 3 of these guys.

• Options
    I know your not supposed to tweet recruits but thought his response to what I said was cool
  • Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @Iwantkendall what kind of connections do you have to get his Snapchat? Impressive or creepy idk which 🤔 
  • Options
    Literally just his insta name lol
  • Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Nolan’s successor as the best tester at the Opening was a 5’11.5 220lb linebacker from Georgia who I’ve never heard of...? 
This discussion has been closed.