Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
    Milton & Washington... I’ll take that. & one of Sewell or Flowe, where do I sign? What are the odds that we strike out on Sewell or Flowe, both Washington & Gilbert? With signing Blaylock & Pickens in 2019 it allowed us to take on 2 “projects” in Robinson & Wren. Especially when you consider how much we throw the ball in the first place, then you consider that in 2020 if Fromm goes pro, we will go right back to 65/35 run/pass especially if we get Milton/Evans.
  • Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Does anyone know anything on Timothy Smith? DT who is 6'4 340 from Sebatian Fl. 247 says we are "warmer" along with bama on 247 and UF as a top 3. I don't think I've heard his named mentioned here before.

• Options
    @Acrum21

If today was NSD he’d be @ Bama. We have ground to make up. I think we are higher on lower ranked DTs and more focused on higher rated targets. Seems we have moved on. I hate it, because I think he is a big body which is exactly what we need, and while I trust staff, we have nobody committed or on roster that fits Timothy Smith mold besides Jordan Davis. We all know we need to get bigger and more talented on DL, yet staff won’t throw everything they have at a kid with the size of Timothy Smith. They must know something that doesn’t show up in stats/measurable’s. I just would hate to see another big body DL go to Bama, and we are sitting their with a couple 3 stars that would never see the field at Bama or Clemson.
  • Options
    I know @JeffSentell said Don Chaney Jr was talking up the Hurricanes at the opening, and to write that one off basically, but I just have this gut feeling that we get Don Chaney Jr to flip late in the process. I see him taking a secret December OV after we make the CFP and Miami goes 8-4 or 7-5. With Coley & Hartley Miami connections and then the Dell/Pittman/Kirby pull, then throw Milton in there as another recruiter, I don’t see this thing ending anytime soon. Only thing that complicates this scenario is Tank committing in July-August, and then having to pull his scholarship at the last minute. The head aches that would cause staff down the road, would be the only way this doesn’t happen. So to sum up my point, I like both Tank & Chaney Jr, but I think Chaney is the best back not named Evans in this class, and that includes Milton. But if Tank commits to UGA, then RB recruiting is DONE bc staff would NEVER be dumb enough to pull an elite DSGB scholarship to go get a slightly better out of state kid.
  • Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doubt he is in the class unless as a replacement for Burroughs. Obviously Smith is higher rated but it would be a CKS decision on which is more talented and best for the team in the short and long run.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This isn't good, sounds like he's contracted a case of Butch-Jonesitis. This can occur with high level exposure to euphamisms and allegory.

If he ever begins describing his progression as "laying one brick at a time", we need to get him an assistant coaching position at Bama, stat.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Don't forget Anderson, Ojulari and Cox will still be there 2020. In fact just imagine if 3 of the 4 can't break in to the starting D

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    That looked slower than 4.6 but i could be wrong
This discussion has been closed.