Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    When dose raym commit?
  • gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here are my thoughts on Raym. Regardless of which school he chooses, he'll be happy at that school. It would be a much easier decision for the good guys if OU ****. Now, if his decision were based solely on developing for the next level, I would think it would be a no-brainer. Not that he can't or won't get to the next level if he plays for OU. But I think Pittman has proven he can really develop these kids.

Example - Not that Isaiah Wynn wasn't a highly recruited kid, but I didn't see first round talent prior to Pittman getting there. Certainly a kid who had potential to get to the NFL and likely have a decent career in the league. But I think Pittman helped Wynn develop into that first round player (not to discount Wynn's talent in the least because he had to put in the work).

If Raym wants to maximize his potential, he'll come play for the good guys. If he wants to follow his childhood dream, he'll still have a good chance to get to the NFL. I just think his chances improve and his draft status improves if he allows Pittman to teach him.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Took the words right out of my mouth. SVP on commit watch if Raym chooses OU?

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wasn't saying otherwise. I just feel Pittman is the cream of the crop.

• BengalDawgBengalDawg Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone checked in on OU recruiting boards to see what their take on Raym is?

• EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OU just put 4 of their offensive linemen in the league in this past draft. We have a great thing going w/ Pittboss but OU one of the better places for OLine as well. If OU had an offensive line like AU, then different story.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

havent heard him mentioned before, But I should know more next week.

• HughDawgHughDawg Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

This is the first year that I've really tried to follow recruiting closely. How common is the MarShawn Lloyd situation, where he's committed to Scar, but the CBs still point to us (and none to Scar)?

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CB’s don’t change once they are committed unless they decommitt.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod
  • Bulldawgfan0389Bulldawgfan0389 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well its a free country in my eyes, so absolutely! Anyone is able to have an opinion on the matter. I'm a glass half full guy myself on things that have no concrete evidence that states otherwise. I’ve just seen a few definitive statements about missing on him with nothing to substantiate the claims. Doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong, just at least state some sort of reason you feel that way. Obviously no one has to do anything for anyone but at least it gives more for someone like myself to think about.

I agree I hope I’m right as well and we get Raym, as well as it is a luxury to be able to miss on a prospect like Raym and still be fine for the class.

All in all I guess what my point is: It’s okay to temper expectations, be weary event but don’t act like things are a doe done deal, until it is.

I also stated I’m willing to eat major crow for my comments as well, because lord knows I am not in the know. I just base my personal decisions on what I do know, not what I do not.

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HughDawg Welcome to the most wonderful corner of the recruiting internet! We have few trolls, and the few we have are upset that we're about to steal their best recruits (even if they don't admit it). It's a great place to hang out.

This discussion has been closed.