Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brown had to fight for a spot. Wynn was looking like a day 1 starter til injury.

Not to mention Cordy Glenn and David Andrews are guys better. Clint Boling as well as Ben Jones have carved out well positioned roles as well.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Diet and hardcore exercise can really change how you look. I'm not sure how this is even an argument to be honest. I don't think OU is as intense about it. Their players do not look like our players. It's the old "getting off the bus" argument. They say that Bama wins as soon as they get off the bus because of their reputation and just how physically imposing they are compared to other teams. A large part of that is recruiting, but a large part of that is S&C.

I bet Brown doesn't look like the same guy since he's been successful in the NFL.

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brown has said himself that he’s “not a lifter”. When I said he changed his body’s dramatically I was referencing him going from 24% body Fat to 19% in about 6 months. He’s been In an NFL program for over a year now and still looks relatively the same.

Continuing to use anecdotal evidence is elementary. Baker Mayfield gained substantially more muscle at Texas Tech And Oklahoma than Fromm has here. So they’ve got better programs, right?

• Options
    RussmanRussman Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Scott Cochran was one of the folks CKS tried to hire, but coach Saban gave him a big raise and he stayed at Bama. CKS did hire Scott Sinclair away from Marshall and UGA is a better program for that hire

• Options

Well first off, QB is a completely different animal, and I don't agree with your Mayfield assessment at all. Fromm looked a little too big last year in my opinion. I think he needs to be leaner, but that's being real picky.

My point about the body fat % is that it wouldn't happen at UGA. His body fat would've been maximized or close to it before the combine. My entire point is that OU did not get close to maximizing his body, and I think UGA does on a player by player basis.

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

.....so .....Raym? is it now a Sunday news story? tomorrow? has he changed his mind? hahah the suspense......

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ryam is committing on Sunday per tealeaves

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BTW he told a guy on his team that he has know the decision since May. Just wanted to pick a day where nothing was going on, then draw out the suspense to gain followers by announcing a fake time. My cousin is friends with a guy who's brother knows somebody who follows him on twitter.

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL AH YES, the trusty cousin of the boyfriend of a the hair dresser that knows his neighbor.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

He must have a goal.. like he won’t commit until he has 5,000 followers lol

• Options
    superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope our coaching staff has got him to delay his commitment

• Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dont worry we have a staffer on the raft with him...they won't be arriving until he's bleeding red and black.

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oklahoma does too. There are exceptions to that rule however. Brown is one of them. Oklahoma had 4 offensive lineman bench more at the 2019 combine than Gaillard did at his pro day. Brown also put up as many reps at his pro day as Gaillard did with 2 inch longer arms. We are two of the top 6 programs in college football. Definitively saying our strength program is better because of one combine performance is silly. It’d be like me saying that Oklahoma’s coaches are objectively better than ours, because Brown is better than all of our NFL offensive lineman in spite of his lack of athleticism. Also, why are QBs a different animal? And Mayfield gained about 30 lbs of muscle between his senior year of high school and his junior year of college (granted that was a 4 year period, but point still stands).

• Options

Gaillard also had a much better shuttle and 40 yard dash, because he's a smaller guy. He wasn't terrible at absolutely every measurable possible.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it's actually pretty **** rude to tell everyone you are going to drop a commitment video at a certain time and then let hours go by without it.

I mean, nobody made you pick that time or place - you set the parameters. If he is having second thoughts, that is one thing. If he is drowing in river - yet another valid excuse. Outside of that, let's go!

This discussion has been closed.