Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are probably correct @lowcountrydawg .

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like @texdawg have no insider information but enjoy making predictions on recruits even if I only bat 300. I try to put aside my hopes and love for the dawgs when making predictions and examine what the recruit does and says he is looking for and whether Athens is the best option for that to be fulfilled. For example Dexter is a potential flip candidate. We all believe that the choice between UF and UGA should be a no brainer. However, the change in year end "bowl" was explained as to allow friends and family to attend the game. Depending on his reasoning that could be good or bad. On one hand, if it's truly to give his circle a chance to watch him play then his logical college choice is UF which is the closest P5 school by far. If however it is to let them see him "one last time" before he spreads his wings and flies away then UGA would be very attractive. The family situation has a tremendous influence on these recruits and family will travel 2 hours to attend games but are unlikely to fly half way across the country 12+ times a season. If fathers are heavily involved in the decision and/or the recruit is one of 4+ kids then I would be willing to bet that the best interest of the kid is paramount which I would say is akin to the business decision.

I would say Raym committed to Okl due to putting family first. I say that because if it was solely due to it being his dream school he would not have been so high on UGA in the first place (see Beck - it didn't take him long to commit once he got the offer).

With that in mind I didn't have SVP in my mock for the longest time until I learned that he has family in ATL and has more moving there. So now I believe he picks the Dawgs.

Dexter - staying as a UF commit which doesn't mean i'm a troll, it means that he is putting family and friends first. Likes to be "the man"

I really doubt that many if any here have "inside" information as their sources would quickly dry up when they see the info being dispersed on a forum. We just have opinions which are based on different thoughts and hence are inherently different bound together with a Dawg bias.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A little quibble with Raym. Yes, it was family, but it was the pressure of family. The only way Raym could chose UGA would be if he were an early enrollee: Sign his paper in Dec and Athens in Jan. Have an awkward Christmas, then get out of Dodge. And that is only if he wants to endure the 30 days of pain.

• Options

@FirePlugDawg I don't disagree with you, just try to not cast aspersion based on suspicions rather than facts. Same deal with AO I think the published reason doesn't jive with the known facts but we don't know all of the facts.

• Options
    Rcbrandon11Rcbrandon11 Posts: 21 ✭✭ Sophomore

Did anyone see jamil Burroughs tweet about decisions decisions. Sounds like he is on the verge of flipping

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What’s up with Donell Harris? Is he 2020 or 2021. Would he be OLB or DE.

Also, what’s up with Z Walker. DE/DT and how does he compare to Cowan.

• Options

Harris - For UGA he would be an OLB. Status unclear but trending 2020.

Walker - For us DE and similar to Cowan. Not sure that they are competing for a spot but personally prefer Walker

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks

I think I like Walker better too. He looks more athletic than Cowan, but We need another athletic Tackle and strong NT.

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At a minimum I think they’ll test him out as a punt returner in weeks 2 or 3. Can’t keep that type of speed on the sideline for too long

This discussion has been closed.