Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Tahoma2StepTahoma2Step Posts: 252 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we lose out on SVP and Raym this will be quite curious. Two LOSSES for Pitt Boss would be shocking. REALLY want Burch (not that this is a monumental statement). I feel he could be a class changer.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree but still feels like a loss when they were properly and there's possibly no backup plan.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who says we lost SVP and why do you assume there is no back up plan.

• Options
    DawgTime92DawgTime92 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is a loss. When you put all the time and energy into these recruits. All of the insiders saying that you have a great chance. It's not unexpected when over 80 percent of you have these recruits on your mocks. I don't like excuses a loss is a loss.

• Options
    DawgTime92DawgTime92 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am not saying I expect all these recruits to commit to the G. I am just saying the same people that say we will land these recruits, project them in the class. Say that there is a high chance to sign them are also the people to tell people it's not a loss when you all are the ones that made them expect to land them. I know recruiting changes overnight at times and it might be unrealistic at the start but when your tied going into the 18th hole(playing against Brooks Koepka) it's not unrealistic to expect a win at that point

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgTime92 I've never made a prediction other than one mock that is about 80% incorrect.

The info that @SoFL_Dawg is legit but things do change. I believe his most accurate info is those players that Georgia is prioritizing. He also has great info on what players are legitimately interested in Georgia. He knows he won't be 100% but that doesn't mean his information is incorrect. Things can change - many times over night.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@EvilSamPittman (cannot quote - too long red banner message if I do) from page 362, 11:38 am +/-

I conceded a long time ago. @ugadawgs07 ID'd it as Gilbert. I regret being so casual about it.

• Options
    Jdawg2197Jdawg2197 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg I know you mentioned Omari Thomas the other day as a name that popped up in the DL conversation. Do you have anymore info such as his timeline and who we are competing with for him? 24/7 seems kinda behind the ball on him from just a glance

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not @SoFL_Dawg but ...

Thomas was a name brought up early on, for the Oline, when we were looking around the Memphis area ( Also C Morris ).

From what i can see, the new DL development might be where his bigger offer programs are now seeing him have a higher ceiling. (Reverse of J Rogers here).

We will need to get him on campus during the season to judge mutual interest. , Id suspect a CTS workout, while on campus, to see if this is a big body we would accept.

• Options
    Jdawg2197Jdawg2197 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks @CZCashvilleDawg In a way he reminds me of Jordan Davis. Big bodies and both played OL and DL in highschool. He just seems like a load to move off the ball on his tape. Call me crazy but I think playing both ways can give guys a better perspective on how to set up an OL and can possibly give them a better understanding of leverage.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg I can see how it doesn’t seem fun when things get super serious and agree there. For some of the people that take a “loss” too serious whatever definition you use. Look at it this way it’s like a thriller movie are they going to pick UGA or not? If they don’t its like the hero dies in the end. Either way pop in the next movie. We’re not going to get everyone but if CKS and staff hasn’t done anything they’ve proved they’re going to get players. I don’t see us ever not having a top 5 class and more than likely a top 3. Will we ever have consecutive runs as number 1? Maybe, but if not you can win nattys with consistent top 5 classes.

This discussion has been closed.