Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would add OSU as a potential "hurt" program as the rise of Clemson to another level coupled with the change in staff just needs some poor season(ing) and their goose could be cooked for a few years.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe @Denmen185. But OSU still has a different geographical pull than the other three big boys. But there is no doubt that their SE recruiting isn't as good as it was a few years ago.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes @GrayDawg . I believe it is very likely that it is Dean. Depends on how quick he picks up the play book. It's not easy but I know that McClain succeeded as a freshman and I believe Mosley did as well. It's not unprecedented in this system but the system has changed a little since those two played.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This weekend really DOES need to be a big weekend. Too long since a commit and too much noise in the fan system. The natives(myself included) are getting restless. Sure as hell hope Milton hasn't been trolling us as we aren't gonna find out about Ringo for awhile.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As mush as dislike counting on freshmen. As smart as Dean is and as a early enrollee, I think he has a chance for significant playing time by the Tennessee game.

• Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs don’t have recent first round d-linemen to showcase like Bama and CU do.

it will take a year or two before CTS and Kirby can point to UGAs system as a developer of NFL linemen

Hopefully Marshall, Carter, and Rochester have breakthrough years in 19 and we can get this train rolling. If not, Jordan Davis and Herring will go high in the 20 draft.

• AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope the coaches just bash USCjr and the mom ends up not liking them

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg UGA will have a top 5 class in history for sure. If you look at what left on the board and lets say we only take 10 more (vs. 12) you could still see UGA adding 4 five star players in Milton, Ringo, Washington, and Gilbert. Not to mention that the rest are probably high 4 star guys (minus Smith who's probably the lowest ranked target left on the board unless they find another OLineman).

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Not saying it will be a bad class at all and I'm sure Kirby has some surprises still. I just still see people talking about #1 or the best class ever at UGA. I don't see that.

It's just a lull right now. I'd not be surprised if Kirby plans to change that soon as he seems to have a feel for perception.

@scooterdawg who are your projected adds for the next 9 spots (if only a 23 player class) or 11 (if you feel UGA pulls 11). I just ran the class calculator (no Burch no Cowan no decommits and only 23 players) and came up with a 321 score which is 5th all time. If I add Cowan and Parks 323. Burch and Parks 327 (current rankings)

14 players at 250 is incredible when you think theres a 2 star and two 3 stars.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you going to be that guy that brings this up at every possible opportunity now?

This discussion has been closed.