Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    tcdawg94tcdawg94 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This year feels different in strategy because the top is significantly different. There's a chance 5+ schools will be over 300 in the composite so everything is much more lopsided or skewed than the past two years. It feels like Kirby this year is acting like the GM that has decided to switch gears this year and draft differently. Like in fantasy draft with set cap amount. He got his foundation and is now waiting for everyone else to overplay their hand and pick up errbody at the end. The end when no one else can do anything about it.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The defense is going to be fine. Kirby's not going to let the D go by the wayside.

Offense is what needs help. I want Smith and DW..and Theo would be great.

Now if we miss on Ringo this post will self destruct along with the board.

• Options
    TThisDawggTThisDawgg Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

Look at Clemson's past classes they came in well under the 25 mark

• Options
    UgadawginbamaUgadawginbama Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

My biggest concern is us not recruiting georgia as much as we have in the past. The auburn tigers are going to have as many georgia boys as we do. That might come back to bite us one day. Maybe we can flip a few players before its all said and done. Would love to flip tank. 5 stars are great but seems like we are hitting on about 25 percent of the out of state prospects this cycle. Give me a high 4 star georgia boy like andrew thomas all day.

• Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

The staff will hit Georgia harder when it’s a stronger overall field. If they are looking at two guys that they have pegged as equals at a position, they will take the kid from Georgia. If they can get a kid from out of state, who is higher on their board, they will go out of state.

• Options
    CHS_DawgFanCHS_DawgFan Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

@SoFl_Dawg Although I fully understand and appreciate your frustration, please know that your intel is not bad and has not gone stale. The reality is that this class is (and honestly has always felt) different. I can’t put my finger on it but I believe it is a combination of momentum associated with other brands, some consistent poor performances (despite wins), the undercurrent of stubborn arrogance by CKS regarding clear issues, and perhaps the staff being too picky. Also - although I know that we’ve missed on both sides of the ball, I wouldn’t completely disregard the impact that the Fields situation may have had I have no evidence to support this (I literally know no one and have no information), but I wouldn’t be surprised if the negativity and criticisms voiced by certain players that now play for OSU, Oklahoma, and Florida did not find its way into private chats with this years recruits. Don’t get me wrong, I do not think today’s decision had anything to do with the bad taste left by Fields et al. Rather, I think it contributes to the overall feeling of discomfort that the fan base has felt about the team and the current recruiting class. All that to say, although I certainly respect your decision to take a more conservative approach, your updates have been and will remain valuable and welcomed regardless of how often or how sparsely they are shared.

• Options
    edited November 2019

Lastly, Kirby's comments about Sr year evals really signaled something of significance to me.

• Options
    UgadawginbamaUgadawginbama Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Walker is the 18th player ranked in georgia tho. We lost the 1 murphy 2 gilbert. We have 3 and 4. Guys like tank and Steiner if we pushed hard for them would make our class look better today instead of going after sewell and evans. I trust in the staff. My point is when we play auburn in 2022 and tank and all the other georgia boys are going to have another level of motivation to beat us. Auburn is hard to beat now with the talent gap we hold on them.

• Options

I feel like that has been the case for a while. I've never felt we prioritized him after this past winter/spring eval period. Yes, that is in spite of all the "chatter" surrounding him. Articles about him just always seemed off to me.

• Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

We might have pulled back, or we might have just got beat for him.

This discussion has been closed.