Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby's got a crazy December planned it seems.

• Options
    WDawg30004WDawg30004 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there are any of those silent commits out there... sure would be a nice time to change the narrative. Otherwise Coach O , Dani, Saban, and Day are just going to continue to win the headline. Also actually kicking another teams A..S...S... would help too so our competency can stop getting questioned.

• Options
    NashDawg2013NashDawg2013 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Half those silent commits have committed elsewhere. That’s what happens when you slow play kids

• Options

probably true. But just pissed about all this. Tired of negative news.

• Options

We tell them to wait on their public announcement. So far this year that’s Lloyd, Evans, and Walker that I can remember. Could add Tank even though my understanding is that he was never silent.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don’t you mean the staff wouldn’t take their commitment, not that the staff wouldn’t let them go public?

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg is there any good recruiting news out there ? I know you said earlier you were shifting into “ I don’t know “ state but can you shed any good news on anything coming up ?

• Options
    TThisDawggTThisDawgg Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

Curious. Do we leave scholarships on the table to increase next year's class if we miss on the guys we really want? I keep seeing this BPA # increase why not just take a few less like clemson has done and wait until we can use them on players we really want? Not like we are hurting at UGA for talent...

• Options
    101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We just beat Auburn though. They're a 3-loss team.

Oregon just lost as well.

Yeah LSU is getting a lot of play due to being the new kid on the block, but I don't think momentum is why we are whiffing.

• Options

That’s fair. I think the situation of recruiting a player, them wanting to commit, and us saying “why don’t you take your time and look around” is a little disingenuous. If I was a recruit I would look elsewhere.

To @CZCashvilleDawg - no, I’m just a schmuck who follows recruiting and doesn’t have inside info direct from sources. But based on what our insiders on this website tell us, that’s the case with those players + maybe Flowe. That’s not a knock to our insiders at all, I just think it’s ironic that we mention how many silent commits we have just to watch them end up on other teams. Only one I have direct knowledge of is Tank

This discussion has been closed.