Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With you all the way here. I’d like to see us grab a safety and an inside backer too but sometimes you have to do what’s best for your roster now and not 3 years down the road.

Some of my RB concerns were alleviated Saturday when I was really impressed with KMacs agility. I had kind of penciled him in as a JAG for us but he’s gonna be a player next year I think. If Milton is as good as advertised and Zamir turns to Zeus with another year of getting healthy we will be strong next year at that spot. The bigger bodied backs fit what we want to do better than swift does even if swift is a superior talent.

Also, Kirby has shown that he can find guys on D to contribute immediately. The freshman class this year on that side of the ball has absolutely balled out. So if next year we desperately need some instant impact guys I think we could pull the recruits necessary.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is EJ Smith out of the picture? I'm curious to see what Riley does. McCellan would be huge.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I know this is crazy, essentially placing 1/3 of your class to the same group type. Just feel like it’s worth the risk. Go after 1-2 of the top targets at WR in 21, treat 21 WR like we’re doing with 20 RB.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know but i don’t think he’s good enough to take over the remaining targets, offense or defense.

• Options
    Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Cook and others gets hurt , Wren can fill in that spot if needed.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree......Wren should be able to handle his 10-20 touches......per season.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With you here. My next question was what kind of impact loading up on pass catchers on '20 has on '21 class. We've seen how quickly these guys can make an impact, too. Where would we be without Blaylock and Pickens this year? Makes even more sense if we think any of our other current WRs aren't in the room next year (position change or transfer vortex).

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

We're sitting at 16 right now. I'm going to assume we can squeeze 25 in the class. That's 9 spots not counting a Zirkel blue shirt- so 10 spots if we BS Zirkel.

RB2

Smith, Burton

Washington, Johnson/ Henderson

Burch

Ringo

That's 7. Leaves 2-3 spots for BPA:

Stroud

Dexter

Maybe we look for a JUCO DB? What if Fromm stays and we don't need Stroud? Just still a lot of uncertainties I guess. Need dominoes to start falling so we can map this thing out.

• Options
    DontdoitDontdoit Posts: 105 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just read on rivals this morning that they are expecting manning in this class, said things have heated up a lot with stroud, mentioned burton and dexters under the radar visits. Also mentioned the reed Jr visit that jeff posted. Smith visit was mentioned as well. Where do we fall short at if we add an additional three dbs to this class

• Options
    bmitcham89bmitcham89 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With that said, Bama did not start throwing the ball more until 2 years ago, when they had a STACKED WR room. No one expected them to flip their philosophy that won them 4 championships under Saban (Same philosophy CKS has right now).

Put all that speed at skilled position spots and you have a lot more balanced of an offense. I believe this is what Coley, Kirby and Hartley have aimed to do. They run heavy now, like 2017, because the WRs weren't at the same talent level as they are about to be. Our best WRs, Cager aside, are green as you can be and are still contributing. But 1 year under their belt with all of these 7 potential pass catches coming in... it instantly flips the spectrum.

I don't believe Kirby would go against the run like Saban has the past couple of years, but I do believe Hartley will keep his promise to DW and TJ, and I do believe that Coley will want to stay in prime position when it comes to recruiting WRs. With that said, 2020 and beyond should be expected to see a more balanced gameplan with 55-45 Run to Pass. In my opinion anyways. MAYBE 50-50.

• Options
    Tahoma2StepTahoma2Step Posts: 252 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish i was more bullish on Burch. Really feel like mamma wants him to stay home. He is close to Boom as he goes to high school with his son. Just feel like he is being sold on Cola pretty hard. Not to mention all of the smoke about LSU. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but have been let down a few times this period so I am remaining on the "low expectations" side of things. Florida and LSU finishing season so strong is sh!tty for us, honestly. Dexter would be a monstrous flip. If the info about a surprise visit is true, I am shocked. I thought UF's season would have been enough to seal that deal. All this being said, Kirby is best in the business and I have complete confidence he will do what he does best!

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Its a good question, but probably better off asked in the 2021 thread, after this class is done. Moving parts change answers to much at the moment

This discussion has been closed.